Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's style is a nightmare for ANYONE. He is the next P4P #1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lostlinka View Post
    Totally agree with you. What impressed me most about Wards performance was that he never looked out of control. Even though some rounds were low on action, he just exhuded this quality that only a few fighters show. To keep it up for a grueling 12 rounds was very impressive, but yes, watch and wait...
    ...with baited breath.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      Someone talking sense. Ward is a fantastic fighter but I don't think he's anything like scintillating to be honest. He has the talent to move up the rankings but people suggesting that his talent is on par with Floyd's is simply laughable. There is no other word for it.

- FMJ
      - MP
      - Donaire
      - Martinez
      - Gamboa
      - Dawson
      - JMM
      - Klits

are higher on my P4P list than Ward, and he'd need to beat Bute and Direll to leapfrog some of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
        His ability to fight any style with ease, keep himself composed, the ability to fight on the outside as well as the inside deems himself as the nacho cheese style; he's able to smother his opponent on the inside, cause them to get frustrated, is a switch hitter from orthodox to southpaw.

What else more do you want? One thing I realize everyone says he's a boring fighter, but is it his fault he's able to completely neutralize a fighter's offense with his quick reflexes and slippery eel style, or so as Froch himself put it.

I may be slightly biased (born and raised in the Bay Area myself) when I'm saying Ward is the next best thing, but his accolades should be enough to convince anyone new to the sport that Ward is the best complete all around fighter in the sport today, period!
        Lots of easily impresionable people here. Please while Ward is a good solid fighter he is far from being P4P #1. He lacks power, his offense or defense are not that great he just has a Hopkins style ability to win. To put it this way he's the Hopkins of the next generation a good fighter that knows how to win.

Comment

In my opinion, Andre Ward is the new Roy Jones, Jr. Of young boxers in this current generation. His performance against Carl Froch was very reminiscent of Roy Jones, Jr's. Dominant performance over James Toney at the exact same weight class in 1994.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            In my opinion, Andre Ward is the new Roy Jones, Jr. Of young boxers in this current generation. His performance against Carl Froch was very reminiscent of Roy Jones, Jr's. Dominant performance over James Toney at the exact same weight class in 1994.

i disagree completely. That RJJ and James Toney are light years ahead of Froch and Ward.

Comment

Ward doesn't destroy anyone. Ward is one of the most skilled fighters in the game but he never does anything that makes me amazed like some of the legendary fighters; he is just effective but quite boring and unfortunately that means he'll never be a star. He has an astonishingly low level of power for a top calibre fighter to be honest. I don't want to hear that power is god given and that you can't teach it because that's absolute B.S. Power mainly depends on two things, only one of which is based on natural talent and ward has that talent. Them things are:

1) The speed at which a punch is thrown - Ward is fast so he should be OK here
              2) The weight behind the punch - Ward doesn't turn into punches properly and consequently has no power
              I agree. I can look and applaud boxing skill as much as any fan. But to be a superstar you need to be able to provide action or be a personality. Ward has neither. He is a ncie guy the religious crap will put alot of people off. not to mention his fighting style is so boring to watch and will never be in an entertaining fight unless the guy he is fighting eitehr out muscles him or puts him on his ass. That my friends is the difference beetwenn him and say Rios. Ward is bar far the better fighter but Rios will always earn moe money and will have way more fans because he stand infront of you and beats you until you cannot get back up.

Comment

Ward doesn't destroy anyone. Ward is one of the most skilled fighters in the game but he never does anything that makes me amazed like some of the legendary fighters; he is just effective but quite boring and unfortunately that means he'll never be a star. He has an astonishingly low level of power for a top calibre fighter to be honest. I don't want to hear that power is god given and that you can't teach it because that's absolute B.S. Power mainly depends on two things, only one of which is based on natural talent and ward has that talent. Them things are:

1) The speed at which a punch is thrown - Ward is fast so he should be OK here
                2) The weight behind the punch - Ward doesn't turn into punches properly and consequently has no power

I'd like to see you take one of his punches and then blog about it after

Comment

This Ward wankfest is getting ridiculous. Indeed, he's a very good boxer, ten times better than the overrated Froch. But, saying that he is the next P4P King and comparing him to Roy Jones Jr. or Mayweather is idiotic.

Comment

He can be p4p #1 when the other 2 retire, it is very possible. But he is not in the same league as Mayweather, or Roy, or someone like that. I think he is more beatable than those guys. He needs to keep winning, and maybe start being a little more exciting, but I did say last year I thought he was pretty special, and he is proving me right.

Comment

If he beats Bute, then he should move up a couple spots up the P4P rankings. Ring has him at 9 right now, so he would probably take Wlad's #6 spot if he wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X