Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The supposed blueprint to beat Mayweather shown by Oscar De La Hoya and Castillo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight like Judah did in the first 4 rounds all 12 rounds. Tho floyd seems to be much better since then.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
      Fight like Judah did in the first 4 rounds all 12 rounds. Tho floyd seems to be much better since then.
      The thing is, when Mayweather fought Judah and saw Judah was able to time him very well, he switched it up, stood his ground, and was backing Judah up all night. The same way he handled Mosley.

That's why, at least IMHO mayweather is one of the best ever; Adjustment. If what he doesn't isnt working as well as he'd like he changes it up.

Comment

lmao judah did a better job then oscar

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
          I scored it for Mayweather by 1 point, but this thread is about wether what Castillo did was a blueprint to beating Mayweather, and you have to take into account the fact he wasn't 100% that night, as well as the fact that the same gameplan was shut down by a healthy Mayweather.
          How you could have it for FM by 1 or even 2 points is beyond me but that's a whole other discussion. And I got you but I guess we'll disagree there. I just don't like putting up excuses. The old adage is anyone can be beat on any given day. You may be injured you may just not have it that day or maybe your fuel tank just happens to hit empty in the heat of battle on that particular day. To me if you show up to play a man's game, excuses just don't come into play.

The bottom line for me is that a "blueprint" is not black and white when you're as talented as Floyd. A certain strategy may beat him on one day while it might not even phase him the next time around just like a playoff basketball team making adjustments from one game to the next. That's why I can't say Castillo's strategy would necessarily work again as well as it did the first time around because Floyd strategies have an expiration date. One time only. It might not take a specific strategy developed for Floyd but rather a style that suits his opponent along with the ability to relentlessly impose himself (whatever his style) over Floyd both physically and mentally. Do I see that happening... nah

Comment

Originally posted by I am God
            you talking about manny now right??lol
            I'm talking about Pretty Gay Fraud's resume since moving up.

Poet

Comment

floyd adjusts in the fights man thats why judah only did well the 1st 4 rounds
              More like Judah just gasses, Judah looked like a monster the first 4rth rounds against Cotto too. Or do you think Cotto and Floyd both adjusted more than Zab having mental/physical issues?

Comment

he's been fighting champions coming off of impressive wins...manny however is fighting people AFTER floyd and AFTER taking beatings and losing
                He's been fighting washed up FORMER champs like De La Hoya and Mosley, Featherweights like Marquez, and no-talents like Baldomir and Hatton, not to mention fellow frauds like Judah. Just because Gayweather fights an over-the-hill opponent before Pacquiao does doesn't make that fighter any less over-the-hill. Funny, I didn't see Chicken**** Floyd getting in the ring with Cotto and Margarito.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  He's been fighting washed up FORMER champs like De La Hoya and Mosley, Featherweights like Marquez, and no-talents like Baldomir and Hatton, not to mention fellow frauds like Judah. Just because Gayweather fights an over-the-hill opponent before Pacquiao does doesn't make that fighter any less over-the-hill. Funny, I didn't see Chicken**** Floyd getting in the ring with Cotto and Margarito.

Poet
                  mosley wasnt a former champion nor was oscar they were current champs

mosley-p4p#3 top ww wba chmp

oscaer-wbc champ

when manny fought them tho.lol

oscar-no title beaten by floyd fought at 147 where he hadnt fought in 10 years

mosley-coming off a loss and a draw-no title

so i guess you really hate manny right

Comment

Just need to keep a solid jab going and hit the body to set up the head. If you don't have a solid jab he's going to constantly catch you coming in like mosely and if all your doing is head hunting like Mosley you might catch him one good time but he's still outbox the hell out of you for being predictable.

Ortiz don't have a good jab thats why Floyd should win easily unless those layoffs finally take their toll. The more he waits though I'm starting to give an edge to Manny if they ever fight.

Comment

Originally posted by I am God View Post
                      mosley wasnt a former champion nor was oscar they were current champs

mosley-p4p#3 top ww wba chmp

oscaer-wbc champ

when manny fought them tho.lol

oscar-no title beaten by floyd fought at 147 where he hadnt fought in 10 years

mosley-coming off a loss and a draw-no title

so i guess you really hate manny right
                      You need to learn the difference between "champion" and "fraudulent alphabelt holder".

I hate nuthuggers. That includes *****s and *******s alike.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X