Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla Model S Voted "Car Of The Year" By Motor Trend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i plugged that into the socket how long would it take to charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      If i plugged that into the socket how long would it take to charge?
      They claim 30 minutes to an hour on the overnight. Similar to charging up a cell phone fully.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        They claim 30 minutes to an hour on the overnight. Similar to charging up a cell phone fully.
        so if I charge it for one hour of my house socket, how much miles odes it give?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
          so if I charge it for one hour of my house socket, how much miles odes it give?
          According to the company ...

"Model S comes standard with everything you need to plug into the most common 240-volt outlet, standard 120-volt wall outlets and public stations. Using a high-amperage 240-volt outlet, Model S can be recharged at the rate of 100 km range per hour. A fifty-percent charge in thirty minutes can be achieved with a Tesla Supercharger.

Ask Tesla owners how long it takes to charge and they'll say just a few moments. Like they do with a cell phone, most Tesla owners plug in at night. By morning, their battery is completely recharged. The touchscreen can be used to create a customized charging schedule that enables you to charge when electricity rates are lower during off-peak hours."

They offer 3 battery options:

Estimated range at 55mph ...

40kw: 160 miles

60kw: 230 miles

85kw: 300 miles

Comment

According to the company ...

"Model S comes standard with everything you need to plug into the most common 240-volt outlet, standard 120-volt wall outlets and public stations. Using a high-amperage 240-volt outlet, Model S can be recharged at the rate of 100 km range per hour. A fifty-percent charge in thirty minutes can be achieved with a Tesla Supercharger.

Ask Tesla owners how long it takes to charge and they'll say just a few moments. Like they do with a cell phone, most Tesla owners plug in at night. By morning, their battery is completely recharged. The touchscreen can be used to create a customized charging schedule that enables you to charge when electricity rates are lower during off-peak hours."

They offer 3 battery options:

Estimated range at 55mph ...

40kw: 160 miles

60kw: 230 miles

85kw: 300 miles
            I want one!!! do they have like mid size suvs those are my choice of cars

Comment

I want one!!! do they have like mid size suvs those are my choice of cars
              The only one similar would be the model X. I'm looking forward to their new designs. This is just the beginning.
              Last edited by MindBat; 11-14-2012, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Not at the moment. I'm looking forward to their new designs. This is just the beginning.
                I hope they conquer the market, for starters they have a profound name.

Comment

I hope they conquer the market, for starters they have a profound name.
                  Absolutely. That's their main objective. To prove that electric vehicles are much more efficient.

Here's a Model X test drive ...

Comment

Model X

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      Of course there are other solutions, but nothing that can produce the immense power of nuclear as quickly, cheaply, efficiently and cleanly as nuclear. We're getting there with wind and solar, but there are always issues with birds being killed by wind turbines, eco systems being damaged by hydroelectric dams, transmission lines, etc.

Natural gas is another one that is hugely abundant and significantly cleaner than coal, but the push to eliminate all fossil fuels yesterday blocks the way. I like the idea to convert semi trucks to NG, saving about 2.5 million barrels of oil per day (about 1/8 of our total consumption,) but I'm sure oil companies are blocking that one.
                      nuclear energy seems pretty legit, agree.
                      i'm waiting for nuclear reactors to be put into shipping vessels. not sure if it will happen in my lifetime, but a man can dream.

i own a box truck for my business and it goes through two 37 gallon tanks of diesel fuel on a big day.

i'd be shocked if electronic technology comes around that can power a vehicle like that any time soon, though. when that thing is full it weighs 25000 lbs and requires you to floor it for over a minute to get up to highway speeds..

i don't know a ton about the natural gas initiative in semi trucks, but i'd guess that it will put some of the smaller guys out of business if there's not some sort of government program to ease the transition.

crazy to think that stuff is simply being burned in to the atmosphere each day. i'm a tiny little company, too. 37 gallons twice a day of low sulfur diesel, straight into the air... just imagine what he big guys are doing.
                      Last edited by New England; 11-14-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X