No announcement yet.

Harry Greb vs Buster Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Greb vs Buster Douglas

@ HW? Greb beat most of the top HW contenders of his time and beat future HW champ Tunney. How does he do with the Douglas of the Tyson fight?

He gets beat up badly by the determined Douglas of the Tyson fight.

Comment

a fat lazy douglas....

he has a chance...

but douglas was talented and too big.

Comment

whats crazy is greb weighed like 158...

if he was around now he could make 147

Comment

This has to be a mismatch. The Buster Douglas from the Tyson fight destroys him.

But lets put this in perspective. He'd beat any middleweight in history in that form.

Comment

Mismatch really?

How when Greb beat a HW Champion in Tunney, who some even consider a ATG HW. And he beat numerous top HW contenders and HW title challagers and was ducked by the HW champ in Dempsey.

Comment

Originally posted by Uppercut! View Post
              Mismatch really?

How when Greb beat a HW Champion in Tunney, who some even consider a ATG HW. And he beat numerous top HW contenders and HW title challagers and was ducked by the HW champ in Dempsey.

I think if you were to see what the disparity between a 158 Lb guy and an in shape 230 Lb guy really looks like in a ring; you might change your mind.

Buster was fast, powerful, showed excellent mobility and had an incredible reach. Its a joke to even suggest that Greb would have had a chance. I don't think that the Tunney fights mean anything in relation to this thread.

Tunney is one of my all time favorites......and one of the best heavyweight technicians ever. But I wouldn't fancy even his chances against that Buster Douglas. At 182 Lbs as a heavyweight, I'd venture that he would be too small too.

Sometimes being a greater legend of the sport, with a greater resume means little in terms of head to head matches. There are a whole host of heavyweight legends that I wouldn't throw in the ring with in shape, motivated versions of the likes of Buster Douglas, Riddick Bowe or Ike Ibeabuchi.

Comment

Originally posted by Uppercut! View Post
                @ HW? Greb beat most of the top HW contenders of his time and beat future HW champ Tunney. How does he do with the Douglas of the Tyson fight?
                No question how high Greb rates among HS posters, I'd say he's just about the most popular here......BUT AT THE RISK OF BEING UNPOPULAR,!!!, BUSTER IS TOO BIG !!!!!!! Can't forget those UPPERCUTS he IRON'd out IRON with !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X