No announcement yet.

Anyone had it closer when rewatching Ortiz-Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
    Okay, okay, before y'all start trying to get at my throat. Please, listen to what I have to say.

When I watched the fight the first time, I did not keep score. I was just watching it and was just mesmerized at what was happenin' in the early rounds. And then it kinda turned into a snoozer when Berto decided to, well, be Berto(ie ran out of gas and hugged for survival). Without keeping score, I had Ortiz winning comfortably.

I watched it the day after, and this time I decided to score it. I don't remember what my actual score was, but, all I remember was how surprised I was after I tallied my scores. I still had Ortiz winning the fight, but, the score was close.

However, although my scores were close, it was clear who the winner was in my book.

I really think Ortiz could've pushed more, to seal the deal in some of those close rounds.
    I learned a long time ago that your impression of a fight and your scoring of a fight can vary significantly. Ortiz appeared to be winning that fight easily, as some peoples' scores indicate (115-110, etc.). When I tallied my score at the end of the fight, I was somewhat surprised to have it 114-112 for Victor. (The same as the second judge.) It never ceases to amaze me how different impressions and scores can be.

Comment

Working...
    X