No announcement yet.

Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Chavez jr, or ginger. I didn't like either at 1 point, but IMO Chavez jr has really stepped his game up & dare I say has a shot at legitimately being the best fighter at 160. I used to think that Martinez clowns him, but now I'm not so sure.

I have absolutely no respect for ginger. Rhodes is his greatest win, IMO or Hatton, (not Ricky), for his strap. I cannot name a step up fight since being handed his title. He has reached a curve & done nothing note worthy ever.
    Obviously Chavez.
    43.75%
    For reasons I cannot specify ginger.
    56.25%

Chavez has fought better opposition but Canelo is visibly the more skilled boxer.

Canelo has the potential to go further

Comment

Both can go on to have great careers IMO, however i think Canelo has more potential.

Comment

I cannot see ginger as having more potential. Not while Chavez had no amateur career, is learning on the job & has done what he has lately.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Chavez has fought better opposition but Canelo is visibly the more skilled boxer.

Canelo has the potential to go further
          The bold makes no sense to me. How is ginger more visibly skilled when in fact his level of comp is lesser. How do you gauge how good he is off of $h!tty comp as opposed to Chavez displaying his skill against better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            The bold makes no sense to me. How is ginger more visibly skilled when in fact his level of comp is lesser. How do you gauge how good he is off of $h!tty comp as opposed to Chavez displaying his skill against better fighters.
            you can't tell when someone is technically better? and displays better skills? ..........okay

Comment

I cannot see ginger as having more potential. Not while Chavez had no amateur career, is learning on the job & has done what he has lately.
              Canelo has much better potential, Chavez Jr. with all that sketchiness that comes with him isn't gonna make 160 for long and all his physical advantages won't be there for him at 168. Pretty much Jr's time is almost up.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                you can't tell when someone is technically better? and displays better skills? ..........okay
                Nope. People thought Bute would beat Froch because he looked technically better against bums. I've never been 1 to guage a fighter's skill off of bums.

Comment

You measure their skill by looking at the way they accomplish the tasks put in front of them. Anyway I agree with the other poster, in my eyes Canelo is the more skilled boxer and has greater potential. Chavez Jr is what 26 years old now he will peak in the next couple of years. Canelo still has 7-8 years worth of growth.

Don't give a fck about Chavez's experience coming from the pros.

Anyway Chavez has faced the better competition although it took him years to do so. To Canelo's credit he tried fighting Paul Williams and he tried fighting Ortiz, those were worthy opponents that ended up falling through.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    You measure their skill by looking at the way they accomplish the tasks put in front of them. Anyway I agree with the other poster, in my eyes Canelo is the more skilled boxer and has greater potential. Chavez Jr is what 26 years old now he will peak in the next couple of years. Canelo still has 7-8 years worth of growth.

Don't give a fck about Chavez's experience coming from the pros.

Anyway Chavez has faced the better competition although it took him years to do so. To Canelo's credit he tried fighting Paul Williams and he tried fighting Ortiz, those were worthy opponents that ended up falling through.
                    Ortiz had absolutely no business fighting ginger.

Comment

Working...
                    X