Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Canelo Improved, I'd Love To See Him Face GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are giving Golovkin the edge due to this ancient 4-year old sparring session between the two: Link here

What they don't realize is how much Canelo keeps improving with each fight, he was 21 then and is now still a very young 25. His best years are still ahead of him, it's scary that he has been able to accomplish so much at such an early age while he is not even in his prime and has yet to fill his frame along with getting that old-man strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Franx87 View Post
      Watching Cotto v Canelo fight convinced me that Canelo is a lil better than I thought as improvements were apparent. However, Canelo does not have the skill set right now to beat GGG and for that reason I suspect he will play the "I'm not a real MW" crap for the sake of not fighting G. And what does he mean G can't Impose the conditions if he's the mandatory? Hence, Canelo has no say as far as catch weight goes. He will basically be stripped by the WBC where G will be elevated to Full champ. Not sure why Canelo created his own special weight class. Nonetheless, this will be a great fight but I just can't see Canelo taking home any belts at the end of the night.
      I don't know what fantasy land you're living in. But, if GGG wants his money fight with Canelo, he's gonna bend over and take about 12" in his bunghole if Canelo tells him to. Reports are that the PPV was a massive success. Better than most expected. That, combined with the PPV flop GGG-Lemieux was, and GGG has ZERO leverage in negotiations. So he can either play ball. Or, Nelo will walk. Then GGG and his 100K fans can go circle jerk each other celebrating a title elevation that no one else gives a rat's ass cheek about.

Comment

Styles make fights...Cotto was a good style for Canelo to show his arsenal....

On the other hand Lara was a terrible style for Canelo (and for most fighters)....GGG would look like poop against Lara aswell....Lara would potshot and clinch for 12 rounds against GGG...I wouldn't be surprised if he just outpointed GGG in his typical boring fashion....

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          I don't know what fantasy land you're living in. But, if GGG wants his money fight with Canelo, he's gonna bend over and take about 12" in his bunghole if Canelo tells him to. Reports are that the PPV was a massive success. Better than most expected. That, combined with the PPV flop GGG-Lemieux was, and GGG has ZERO leverage in negotiations. So he can either play ball. Or, Nelo will walk. Then GGG and his 100K fans can go circle jerk each other celebrating a title elevation that no one else gives a rat's ass cheek about.
          Well you're right about the financial aspect of the fight although you're wrong when you say that it did better than expected: De La Hoya said at least 1.5 million. Last time I checked it didn't even break 1 million. However, GGG is after the unification of MW division. As for the PPV #s, Lemiex and GGG might not be as marketable as Canelo or cotto, but #s are by no means indicative of How good a boxer is. Incidentally, that was first time GGG headlining a ppv event as oppose to Canelo and cotto who had already faced many well known boxing stars by time they faced each other.In addition, he is very well capable of selling out arenas despite a low ppv debut. There are fighters out there that are too good for their own benefit ( G, Rigo, etc) where other champs do not want to fight them. Rigo and G will clean out their division with ease. That being said, I credit Canelo for his courage on taking on great names and his victory over Cotto. NEEDLESS TO SAY, GGG will smash Canelo and De La Hoya knows it which is why he doesn't want Canelo anywhere near G til at least 2017. Does he think G suffers from a case from like Benjamin Button?
          Last edited by Franx87; 11-24-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
            Styles make fights...Cotto was a good style for Canelo to show his arsenal....

On the other hand Lara was a terrible style for Canelo (and for most fighters)....GGG would look like poop against Lara aswell....Lara would potshot and clinch for 12 rounds against GGG...I wouldn't be surprised if he just outpointed GGG in his typical boring fashion....
            GGG would outbox or mop the floor with Lara. He ate them cubans for lunch at his amateur career.

Comment

If canelo's chin and body holds up against GGG. I'd say canelo got a chance. Yes he has a chance of winning controversially. I don't think canelo's power will bother GGG though, that's out of the question. But if canelo holds up from getting knocked out, he has another problem that can still be overcame with controversial decision and that is work rate. GGG is still the busier fighter of the two. So if no knockout happens and both of them banged up each other, even if ggg clearly won canelo got a chance, ggg will be in a potential good old boxing scoring screw up trouble in the scorecards.

There is a reason why replay isn't incorporated in the scoring system yet even if technology is clearly there for the taking; the boxing bodies isn't interested in that idea either because they want boxing scoring to remain subjective so that they can continue to influence the outcome of the fight and ultimately when cornered they can use subjectivity as an excuse because at the end of the day they can say boxing is subjective. it's an obsolete excuse that must end. but when? Fans aren't vocal about it, time and time again, they only complain about the controversial decision when the fight is over but never actually bothered to find or recommend a solution to the problem, so there, probably another ten more centuries of screw ups until replay is finally going to be somehow incorporated in the scoring system.enjoy!lol

Comment

^^^Dis stupid muf.ucka^^^
                The only aspect Canelo might have GGG is hand speed. GGG has better D, better timing, better balance, better jab, more power. Canelo was hurt by Cottos brother. Do you think he could take Lemieux and Stevens power.canelo may beat them, but if they land he gets hurt.

I don't think GGG hits any harder than Kirkland. So I don't think Canelo goes into shock yhe first time Gennady lands. I don't think GGG gets to be the seek n destroyer in this one. Like you said, its gonna be a boxing match. And I think Gennady is gonna have to keep Nelo at the end of his jab. Because he's not gonna win exchanges with Canelo. His hands are too slow and Nelo is better defensively.
                GGG hits way harder than Kirkland, especially the version ginger faced.

When GGG hits people they look like they just got hit with bowling balls.

Originally posted by sterilizer
                Interesting. First he says that Canelo got a robbery decision (which is not far from the truth, gimme a break, judges gave Cotto only one, two and three rounds), and now he says that the kid has improved a lot and can't wait to see him fight GGG? WTH??? Is he senile or on drugs?

Anyways, if Canelo's reason not to want to face GGG at the REAL middleweight limit, 160, is that GGG has a vast experience in such weight and he feels 100% comfortable in it, while Canelo has zero experience and confidence fighting in that weight limit, why not fight Lemieux first, at 160, to test the waters, paying GGG a "step aside" fee or whatever that's called?

Lemieux would be an excellent test for Canelo, to see if he really has a chin (and a stomach) or not, since Lemieux did actually stun GGG a few times, the rare times he was able to actually hit him clean.

So, Canelo vs. Lemieux for Cinco de Mayo 2016 and then, in case Canelo wins "convincingly" (knock out or at least a knock down in his favor) then GGG vs. Canelo on Mexico's Independence Day weekend (by mid-September 2016).

In the meantime, GGG could destroy that big-mouthed Lara guy, who showed how a coward he is vs. Canelo, and now is opening his mouth again saying he can defeat GGG, just as he thinks he did Canelo, by jabbing like a coward all fight long and never engaging even once. I would really like to see this Cuban bigmouth trying to hide from Golovkin and failing at it.

Those three fights would be interesting, wouldn't they?
                After the BS Cotto just pulled, if I were GGG I'd take no step asides for promises of future fights.

For one, Canelo could lose, and it's screw the entire thing up. If Lemieux best Canelo then GGG would fight Lemieux again, and no one would care.

Second, I wouldn't trust De La Hoya.

If I'm them. I say it's now, or vacate and come back when your man enough. De La Hoya says Canelo isn't in his man strength yet. He s 25. Jesus!

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                And you know this based on what? Who do you think GGG is, that Canelo isn't? I'll bet you ALL of your points that Canelo gets in the ring with GGG. You sound like a biased GGG fan or know it all. Canelo isn't Floyd Mayweather. He is a true throw back fighter and has proven that over and over again. You are disrespectful to the type of fighter/man that Canelo is.
                GGG would have done Cotto in.

GGG is already a favorite to beat Canelo. Just about no one thinks Canelo wins, probably not even De La Hoya.

There is a reason they are not running to make this fight, and short of the mandatory, they'd rather wait until GGG gets old.

Comment

Roach, you didn't see any damn holes. You train everyone to fight in and out. Start training fighters on technical skills if you dare know how to. All your fighters dart in and out, no defense or technique.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    Roach, you didn't see any damn holes. You train everyone to fight in and out. Start training fighters on technical skills if you dare know how to. All your fighters dart in and out, no defense or technique.
                    I'm not a roach fan but he is one hell of a trainer. He doesn't really train a style in my opinion, although his more well known fighters seem like it.

The dude just trains champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      Canelo has very little chance beating GGG at just about any aspect of the fight. By round 9 De La Hoya will be screaming to call it a day, with Canelo looking very much like Lemieux.

And it begins. And it should.

If I were a Cotto fan I'd be mad Canelo won like that, considering the size difference, Cotto never had much of a chance.

Having said that, Cotto should have come out and discussed that.
                      Glad he skipped and hasn't made excuses.
                      Being a sore loser and skipping the post fight interview is somewhat justifiable but had he attended and discussed the size and other gripes about why he lost would have tarnished his legacy and been disrespectful to Canelo and boxing fans...

Comment

Working...
                      X