This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I think the starting 11 could play to the style. Pool have more runners than passers in their starting 11. Coutinho being the only 'fairy' of the bunch. The rest could pretty much be water-carriers. Milner, Henderson etc.

I don't think they compete on all fronts though. Focus on PL only, that's a threat. Try to win everything? They'll run themselves into the ground by winter break.

With pool though, he'd have financial backing to buy whom he wants or the quantity of what he wants. So, that's an interesting angle to say the least.
    Meh, I have reservations about that squad and his style. I'm not sure any of their attacking '4' would be up to it. Ibe possibly if he was playing.

Milner is probably the most adept to Klopp's way of playing but he's pushing 30 and isn't a great footballer, he's got 75 minutes a game in him doing that at this point.

Long term I think it's a good appointment, he'll rebuild the squad in due time. I just question what he's gonna do with this squad going in.

As for the financial side, is he really gonna get that much backing? Or have the owners brought him in with the knowledge his Dortmund days, where he came across as a bit of a 'yes' man when it came to selling off all the prized assets? Liverpool have a habit of that lately, maybe they wanted someone who'd be happy to carry that on whilst rebuilding on a shoestring budget?

Comment

• If you want a manager with proven pulling power to attract big names then you have to go after Ancelotti, no?

Klopp is a pretty sound guy though. Probably make me like Liverpool a bit more.
      Last edited by El Fenomeno; 10-08-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        If you want a manager with proven pulling power to attract big names then you have to go after Ancelotti, no?

Klopp is a pretty sound guy though. Probably make me like Liverpool a bit more.
        Ancelloti is apparently sitting out the year

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          Meh, I have reservations about that squad and his style. I'm not sure any of their attacking '4' would be up to it. Ibe possibly if he was playing.

Milner is probably the most adept to Klopp's way of playing but he's pushing 30 and isn't a great footballer, he's got 75 minutes a game in him doing that at this point.

Long term I think it's a good appointment, he'll rebuild the squad in due time. I just question what he's gonna do with this squad going in.

As for the financial side, is he really gonna get that much backing? Or have the owners brought him in with the knowledge his Dortmund days, where he came across as a bit of a 'yes' man when it came to selling off all the prized assets? Liverpool have a habit of that lately, maybe they wanted someone who'd be happy to carry that on whilst rebuilding on a shoestring budget?
          Shittest post I've seen in this thread tbh.

Klopp tried to sign Benteke and Firmino at Dortmund. Ibe has barely played 3 full games and you can tell he'd suit Klopp's style and the others dont? Faggot.

That post has butthurt all over it.

Comment

• http://youtu.be/d4_6hVPyKZw

Hope you're all ready for the greatest sports film documenting the greatest achievement in football.

Comment

• Ancelotti to replace Van Fossil next season (hopefully).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                On another note, I think this song is the greatest thing I have ever seen

"We will fight, till the end, they call us the RRROOOYYAAALLS"

Fackin tune

URZZ
                Hahaha that was unreal. I'd pipe the broad but **** was that awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jurgen Klopp View Post
                  Shittest post I've seen in this thread tbh.

Klopp tried to sign Benteke and Firmino at Dortmund. Ibe has barely played 3 full games and you can tell he'd suit Klopp's style and the others dont? Faggot.

That post has butthurt all over it.
                  No need to get all defensive to what was a reasoned post, child.

If he wanted Benteke and Firmino why didn't he just sign them? Dortmund and Liverpool shop in similar supermarkets.

..and if you'd read it back, I did say possibly Ibe if he was playing. Maybe he'll be **** in Klopp's system too.

Comment

• On another note, how must it feel as a Scottish football fan when now NORTHERN IRELAND are even getting to the major tournys before you? 'Kinell lads.

Comment

• Northern Ireland are putting work in.

Comment

Working...
                      X