Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thrilla Or Rumble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id have to go for the Thriller in Manilla just for the heart and will to win shown by both fighters. Both in this and their first fight they really brought the best out in each other.

Comment

Originally posted by marvdave
      Clay beating Liston and Ali beating Foreman were by far his greatest accomplishments. Nobody thought he would win either fight. He was looking pretty worn coming into the Foreman fight and dominated the invincable Foreman. He came into the Liston fight as an annoying young guy who nobody took serious and again dominated the "unbeatable" champ.
      Good Post; I agree. But The Thrilla was still my favorite Ali fight. Most entertaining.

Comment

thrilla of course

Comment

Originally posted by marvdave
          Clay beating Liston and Ali beating Foreman were by far his greatest accomplishments. Nobody thought he would win either fight. He was looking pretty worn coming into the Foreman fight and dominated the invincable Foreman. He came into the Liston fight as an annoying young guy who nobody took serious and again dominated the "unbeatable" champ.
          i agree. liston and foreman were both putty in the butterfly's hands.

Comment

Muhammad Ali

Greatest Win: George Foreman
            Most Exciting Fight: Frazier I or III
            Best Performance: Cleveland Williams
            Worst Performance: Jimmy Young or Trevor Berbick

Comment

the rumble in the jungle was historic, but the thrilla in manila was a better fight and had better dynamics.

Comment

Watching the Thrilla in Manilla almost makes me cry. The heart, skills, agression, and guts displayed by two aging greats on that night is as good as it gets. Both men beat the hell out of eachother that night, and left their careers in that ring. Ali had Joe's face swollen like a balloon and was hitting him with shots he couldn't even see, while Joe beat Ali into a brutal submission where he could hardly stay awake in between rounds.

But maybe the greatest moment of the night is when Ali is being interviewed at the end, and can hardly speak, saying "He was definetley the best boxer after me," and "Joe brought out the best in me, and I thank him for that."

Comment

They weren't ****ting when they said Ali fainted. If you watch closely, you can actually see him laying on the ground in the ring. They pick him up and put him on his stool.

I've seen the fight many times before, but I just noticed him passed out. I thought he fainted into someone's arms and they put him on the stool.

Comment

he fainted because he gave everything he got. he is a true champion.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks the first Ali fight was better than the Thriller? Anyway onto the topic, I'd go with Thriller in Manilla.

Comment

Working...
                      X