Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Question: Why is the double punch not allowed by refs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Question: Why is the double punch not allowed by refs?

I remember watching Pac vs Clottey and a friend asking me why was it illegal in boxing to double punch, and to be honest i had no idea wtf to tell him back then because i didn't remember any rule specifically saying no double punches allowed. Actually i have no idea why it wouldn't be allowed in the first place providing they are both in legal areas of the head/body. So is this illegal, as in the rulebooks illegal (if it is do you agree?) or is it just the refs?

Honestly don't see anything wrong or illegal with it apart from it's silliness. What's your take on this?

My opinion is that's silly, but shouldn't be illegal.

Would fall under under the ref's discretion as "unsportsmanlike conduct".

Pascal did it a bunch of times against Bute, and the ref didn't care.

Comment

i dont get it either...Floyd can throw elbows but PAC can't throw two punches?

Comment

It's quite obvious Pac did so as a sign of 'come on go toe to toe, get out of that shell, open up'. It clearly wasn't intended to do damage or score him points.

Comment

Unsportsmanlike conduct

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            Unsportsmanlike conduct

in a sport where the objective is to punch each other in the face

Comment

So it is something that it's at the refs discretion good to clear that up in case i ever get asked again. I dont see it as unsportsmanlike to me (the objective is to punch each other isnt it) if it's being used as a taunt then why the hell dont refs warn people when they literally do taunt and talk **** right?. I think it's silly,but shouldn't be so frowned upon by most refs, hell the guy throwing them is the one who runs the most risk lol.

Comment

i heard it pops ear drums?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i dont get it either...Floyd can throw elbows but PAC can't throw two punches?
                  Maybe you should take Floyd's balls out of your mouth. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by etw926 View Post
                    Maybe you should take Floyd's balls out of your mouth. What do you think?
                    I swear i could be talking about enemas and **** would turn into a Floyd/Pac thread somehow lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X