No announcement yet.

Rate Pacquiao's last 5 opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Why was Clottey embarassing? Top 5, FMJ had him beating Cotto in the previous fight. Marg, well in his next bout the #1 rated at SWW champ asked to defend his belt at a catchweight against him, despite the sorry shape Marg was in.

JMM and Bradley are better than ok, they are p4p rated. When is the last time someone fought 3 p4pers in a row?
    Clottey wasn't there to win,just a fight they signed to get away from Mayweather
    They announced that fight 2 days after negotiations fell through
    I could be way off but I find it a bit fishy and think it was done to keep busy.....lets not forget Clottey's lack of effort in the fight
    Bradley and Marquez are good fights but the only complaint there is moving them up weights,which I don't really mind
    The worrying thing for Pacquiao and his team is not who they fought but how they fought
    Manny has really struggled in his last 3 outings and they really need to add more variety to his attack
    Last edited by Rk16; 11-19-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
      Clottey wasn't there to win,just a fight they signed to get away from Mayweather
      They announced that fight 2 days after negotiations fell through
      I could be way off but I find it a bit fishy and think it was done to keep busy.....lets not forget Clottey's lack of effort in the fight
      Bradley and Marquez are good fights but the only complaint there is moving them up weights,which I don't really mind
      The worrying thing for Pacquiao and his team is not who they fought but how they fought
      Manny has really struggled in his last 3 outings and they really need to add more variety to his attack
      So you think Clottey was paid off to shut down on offense? Too bad, he probably would have done it for free. And they should have paid him to go down, cause the fight was tedious.

Pac is slowing down, but about the last 3 fights:

1. Handled Mosley better than Floyd or Canelo did (shutout, only one to kd Shane, had him running all night)
      2. Issues with JMM, not very different than 1 and 2. IMO Pac boxed him better than before, but was lacking in aggression and KDs
      3. A large majority had him routing p4p Bradley. If you look at the press row scores, the average was about 117-111.

Comment

PAC beat Margarito: Not a good win, Margarito is past prime and shot.

Cotto beat Margarito: Very good win, Cotto is rejuvenated and back to himself .

If PAC doesn't knock you down or hurt you, you automatically win that round and Pac is exposed.

Comment

I don't give a fuk about Pacquaio or Mayweather but I do like to point this out.

The Scene and 'ESB' sites like this? Have very few relevance to the historical rankings and opinions of actual professional boxing writers/experts.

If they say Pacquaio is fighter of the decade. 20 Years from now, people will think Pacquaio was the best fighter of that era. Nobody is going to dig back and read up on a bunch of trolls and their opinions on Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            So you think Clottey was paid off to shut down on offense? Too bad, he probably would have done it for free. And they should have paid him to go down, cause the fight was tedious.

Pac is slowing down, but about the last 3 fights:

1. Handled Mosley better than Floyd or Canelo did (shutout, only one to kd Shane, had him running all night)
            2. Issues with JMM, not very different than 1 and 2. IMO Pac boxed him better than before, but was lacking in aggression and KDs
            3. A large majority had him routing p4p Bradley. If you look at the press row scores, the average was about 117-111.
            Although I agree with Marquez being a bad style for him,I think the Mosley Floyd fought was a better version....slightly
            I think the Mosley fight showed up Manny's weakness for all to see
            Remember how they flat out refused to fight Mosley until it was obvious he was past it
            Surely you can't be happy about that

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
              Although I agree with Marquez being a bad style for him,I think the Mosley Floyd fought was a better version....slightly
              I think the Mosley fight showed up Manny's weakness for all to see
              Remember how they flat out refused to fight Mosley until it was obvious he was past it
              Surely you can't be happy about that
              True that. Everyone was saying how Floyd was scared of Mosley when Mosley came into the ring after the JMM bout, then Floyd signs on to fight him once Berto pulls out.

Comment

The Marquez fights at least are a hard match up for him. The others... Not so much. could have been better, and he beat Bradley soundly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
                  I don't give a fuk about Pacquaio or Mayweather but I do like to point this out.

The Scene and 'ESB' sites like this? Have very few relevance to the historical rankings and opinions of actual professional boxing writers/experts.

If they say Pacquaio is fighter of the decade. 20 Years from now, people will think Pacquaio was the best fighter of that era. Nobody is going to dig back and read up on a bunch of trolls and their opinions on Margarito.
                  Margarito? It won't take them long to find out he wasn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                    Margarito - Unranked, coming off a horrible beating and a 1 year suspension for disgraceful cheating.

Oldsley - ranked #4 at welterweight, coming off a draw and one sided loss
                    against Mayweather.

Juan M Marquez - unranked, heavy underdog, many felt outboxed Pacquiao

Tim Bradley - unranked, heavy underdog, won a controversial decision over Manny.

Juan M Marquez - unranked, "once and for all" fight that expired years ago.
                    Margarito: F (disgraceful)

Mosley: D- (Pac openly ducked him when it mattered)

JMM III: C- (JMM was not even a WW)

Bradley: C+ (if at JWW it would have been an A)

JMM IV: C+ (as JMM is still not a WW yet outboxed Pac at WW)

-----
                    Bradley II: A-

Rios: F (if it's at WW)

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Margarito: F (disgraceful)

Mosley: D- (Pac openly ducked him when it mattered)

JMM III: C- (JMM was not even a WW)

Bradley: C+ (if at JWW it would have been an A)

JMM IV: C+ (as JMM is still not a WW yet outboxed Pac at WW)

-----
                      Bradley II: A-

Rios: F (if it's at WW)
                      So what does Cotto get for asking a much worse version of Marg for a CW?

JMM 3 was a 144 CW, advantage JMM. It's MUCH harder dropping 3 vs gaining 4, right?

So Pac moves up 7 times, and p4p Bradley is C+ for moving up to his 2nd? Where he's already fought before, and spent most of his amateur career above that. You're a hoot.

Comment

Working...
                      X