Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think Margarito meant by this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    It's unclear to me whether you are mocking me or not, but I will just answer like you aren't, since it will bump my thread.

Star Fox 64 was an awesome game, but... my god it's short. Between Thursday and Friday alone, I ran through the game 6 times and got all medals on both regular and expert. If you can 100% complete a game in 6 playthroughs that spans 4 hours... max(?), the game is just too short.

But, be that as it may, my avatar is actually not from any Star Fox game. It's actually from Super Smash Bros. Melee on the Gamecube.
    I know where the AV was from. I like Fox Mcloud.

I was semi mocking you just like you were mocking Margarito fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      I know where the AV was from. I like Fox Mcloud.

I was semi mocking you just like you were mocking Margarito fans.
      I really wasn't mocking Margarito fans. True story, I'm doing my thesis on this Margarito hand wrap scandal case... it's analyzing the effectiveness of crisis communication efforts.

Comment

I really wasn't mocking Margarito fans. True story, I'm doing my thesis on this Margarito hand wrap scandal case... it's analyzing the effectiveness of crisis communication efforts.
        Interesting. Good luck on that. I take it you're into your Master's stage?

Comment

2 words: snicker bars

Id def would feel them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Interesting. Good luck on that. I take it you're into your Master's stage?
            Thanks man. Yeah, I'll be going into my second year of masters school. Thank god I found this area of study... nothing (at least nothing that people give a **** enough about to pay for) has ever interested me as much as analyzing effectiveness of deployment of language when used in self-defense. Plus, I could probably make a career out of looking specifically at sports cases, since it is quite different from corporate self-defense, and it doesn't seem like there are nearly as many people who analyze individuals in the entertainment industry.

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah, I'll be going into my second year of masters school. Thank god I found this area of study... nothing (at least nothing that people give a **** enough about to pay for) has ever interested me as much as analyzing effectiveness of deployment of language when used in self-defense. Plus, I could probably make a career out of looking specifically at sports cases, since it is quite different from corporate self-defense, and it doesn't seem like there are nearly as many people who analyze individuals in the entertainment industry.
              Hope you get an A. Thesis are nothing to be ****ed with if you have a decent professor at a decent university. From what I've heard, I'm still undecided to go that route towards a Master's degree.

To be honest, I think Shane Mosley would of been a much better route to go. Not trying to get the attention off Margs but the way he beat the system and still managed to get so many praises to this day. He's a nice guy so you would definitely get so many defenses towards him. lol

Comment

Marg is saying that he wants the issue of the handwraps to go away, he doesnt want to be remembered as " that guy" and have that stigma taint his career and legacy.

Comment

When u get caught trying to cheat in anything, not just sports, people question how legit your past accomplishments are. Its only natural. And after u get caught, u will def have extra eyes watching u. Sucks for Tony but he can't blame anyone but himself and his trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielTurcotte3 View Post
                    How do and y do people still talk about this guy?? I dont know I am all about people deserving second chances for mistakes that they may have made in life, and I love the good redemption story, but this guys could have killed someone with the way that he cheated himself, his opponent and more importantly this sport which we all cherish and love so much. To me this guy does not deserve anything at all, not another fight, he shouldn't even be allowed to step foot in a gym anywhere period. As far as I'm concerned Antonio Margarito dissapeared the night they found plaster like substance in his gloves and I will no longer watch, nor follow a fight that he is in. And if God works in mysterious ways, then he will never fight again after this injury, the commish dropped the ball as far as I am concerned by allowing this guy to get his license reinstated after this whole ordeal went down, one year was not sufficient enough if you ask me
                    You're talking nonsense. They did NOT find a "plaster-like" substance in his gloves. They found traces (they didn't say how heavily-just 'traces") of 2, (TWO ) ot THE substances which are found in Plaster of Paris. They added that they are ALSO found in MANY other products, such as COSMETICS. The pads were slightly stiffened, as if from sweat.

He was punished NOT because he knew what had happened, but because they deemed that he SHOULD have known. As the trainer, who took ALL the blame on himself, said, Margarito never bothers to look at the bandaging.

And THIS is what argarito meant- that although over the many thousands oof times his hands were bandages, he'd never bothered, or long ago stopped looking, and NOW, he'd have to watch everything carefully, changing a long-time habit of non attention on a mundane matter.

Also the commission reported that there was NO proof that Margarito actually KNEW that the pads were previously used, but that he should have known.

THAT's why they gave him the 1 year suspension, instead of banning him for life. They deemed that he was not aware.

You should have paid attention to the multitude of reports on this event.

Comment

The interpreter is just putting in his two cents. Margarito does not say what the interpreter says. This is why I hate most interpreters because a lot of times they say what they want to say and not what the fighters say.

Comment

Working...
                      X