Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drops his right hand
    lunges in,chin up

sometimes gets to wild...

great fighter who has flwas just like most fighters....most fighters cant expose his flaws..but counter punchers are his kyrptonite(jmm)

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime Shawn View Post
      man i think off balance is the biggest mistake people make when they describe manny. i dont think he is ever really off balance he is just different. he learned different from most fighters. it is very balanced to him and looks weird to us

he dont really lung with the left anymore

its going to be a great fight for sure
      I agree, Pac's balance has gotten much better over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
        drops his right hand
        lunges in,chin up

sometimes gets to wild...

great fighter who has flwas just like most fighters....most fighters cant expose his flaws..but counter punchers are his kyrptonite(jmm)
        he dont really lung man but youy are right

counter punches give him the most problems. hell just have to be patient

you in memphis dog? did you check out my fight

Comment

The list of Pacquiao's flaws have been getting shorter and shorter over the years. He doesn't really lunge in or fall in anymore, which was a big flaw with him before, I always thought him doing that would lead to him getting countered all night by Mayweather but he doesn't do it anymore.

I think he does drop his right hand when he throws his left sometimes though and in the Cotto fight he didn't cut off the ring too well when Cotto started moving around but that could've been because Pacquiao didn't really want to hit Cotto too much anymore.

Comment

He can sometimes lunge in a bit, which got him tagged heavily by JMM a few times. I saw a few openings in his defence for the uppercut or a nice straight punch and Cotto caught him with some jabs.

It is hard to draw conclusions from the Cotto fight, because I felt Manny showed a bit less movement in that fight especially in terms of bobbing and weaving. Although he doesn't seem to move his head enough once he actually starts to throw combinations.

Comment

I think this a definite weakness for Pacquiao. He doesn't have many, but this is one.

Comment

One thing I noticed about Pacquiao is when he is pressured, he puts his hands in front of his face and goes into "time to take some punches" mode, not really looking to counter or do anything really, just ride the storm. A accurate puncher like Mayweather would be able to punch around his guard and exploit that.

That being said, Mayweather most likely won't pressure Manny much.

Comment

yea im in memphis...and naw i didnt know about your fight till the last minute...when you gone fight in tunica again??

Comment

manny isnt that effective when his opponent moves and uses angles..pacman is at his best when he fights come foward toe to toe fighters....i dont think his style will be effective against a slick boxer at all

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                      manny isnt that effective when his opponent moves and uses angles..pacman is at his best when he fights come foward toe to toe fighters....i dont think his style will be effective against a slick boxer at all
                      Has Manny ever faced a slickster? None that I can remember.

Comment

Working...
                      X