No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denis Boytsov vs Dominick Guinn in Play For April 13th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Denis Boytsov vs Dominick Guinn in Play For April 13th

According to sources in Universum Box-Promotions, promising heavyweight force Denis Boytsov (30-0, 25 KOs) of Orel, Russia, will come back to the ring in Cologne, Germany, on April 13th. Boytsov, 26, will square off against American veteran Dominick Guinn (33-8-1, 22 KOs), 36, reportedly over ten rounds. Guinn, who was once regarded as one of the most promising young heavyweights in the world, has lost his two latest fights to undefeated prospects Amir Mansour and Kubrat Pulev but he has never been stopped in his career. WBO #3, WBC/WBA #4 and IBF #5 Boytsov has won his last seven bouts by a kayo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I feel sorry for Dominick. I was just watching his absolute demolition of Michael Grant.

''The Southern Disaster''... Jesus...

Comment

Lets see what boytsovs power is really all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
        Lets see what boytsovs power is really all about!
        Guinn has never been stopped or even knocked down. Will Boytsov be the first?

Guinn is a nice step up from Darnell Wilson, in my opinion. Wilson had lost 6 in a row before the win over Gomez, which was something of a fluke because Gomez was injured and could only use one arm.

Guinn was on a five fight winning streak when he fought Kubrat Pulev, including early KO wins over a 21-0 fighter and a 27-1 fighter.

Wilson is 1-8 in his past 9 fights, and had been stopped by Gavern.

Guinn is 5-2 in his past 7, and has never been stopped.

And of course Guinn is a natural heavyweight, Wilson is not.

Comment

Universum and to be fair also injuries have been terrible for Boytsov. If a Guinn fight at this stage is a step up. Then I don't if Boytsov could be the heir apparent to the HW throne as I once thought. He should have been fighting the Guinn and fighters of his level years ago. But, injuries stopped the progression and Universum kind of sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Guinn has never been stopped or even knocked down. Will Boytsov be the first?

Guinn is a nice step up from Darnell Wilson, in my opinion. Wilson had lost 6 in a row before the win over Gomez, which was something of a fluke because Gomez was injured and could only use one arm.

Guinn was on a five fight winning streak when he fought Kubrat Pulev, including early KO wins over a 21-0 fighter and a 27-1 fighter.

Wilson is 1-8 in his past 9 fights, and had been stopped by Gavern.

Guinn is 5-2 in his past 7, and has never been stopped.

And of course Guinn is a natural heavyweight, Wilson is not.
            Wilson had never been KO'd and Gavern had never been down and Denis put him down 7 times and stopped him. KO over Guinn would be pretty impressive, lets hope his hand doesnt break again.

Comment

A step up, but I'd like to see him fight a Helenius, Chagaev, or even an Adamek.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                A step up, but I'd like to see him fight a Helenius, Chagaev, or even an Adamek.
                Maybe later this year he'll fight a ranked contender.

The best opponent Boytsov has fought in the past is the underrated Taras Bydenko, who was BoxRec #17 HW and ranked by the WBA at the time.

Comment

guinn hasn't been in good shape the last 2 fights. he's just a tough gatekeeper these days. gone from a B to a C+ but should be a good test for boytsov. i want to see him get hit hard by guinn & see how his 213lbs takes it. botysov hasn't been in too many 10 round fights. the fight is going 10 rounds. the only knockdown that could happen is boytsov hitting the canvas. i don't see a boytsov knockout coming. i don't even see him knocking guinn down. the key for boytsov is to stay busy. guinn has never thrown enough punches in any of his fights & he's 36 now so i don't see that changing. we will learn lots from this fight. can he go 10 with a tough fighter? can he take a real heavyweight punch?
                  Last edited by joe strong; 03-02-2012, 04:38 AM.

Comment

this is what is wrong with the heavyweight division. This isn't a step up, its treading water to protect a manufactured record until the right payday presents itself. This guy is 30-0, he should be going after guys in the top 15.

Comment

Working...
                    X