Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Bleacher Report] Floyd Mayweather Jr Juan Manuel Marquez Fight was FIXED!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bleacher Report] Floyd Mayweather Jr Juan Manuel Marquez Fight was FIXED!!!

This is the stupidest thing ive ever heard tho man. Mayweather was way better than Marquez

HERES THE LINK............

Floyd Mayweather Jr Juan Manuel Marquez Fight was Fixed: Bleacher Report

31 August, 2010
    A Bleacher report (bleacherreport.com) has said that there are signs that Floyd Mayweather Jr Juan Manuel Marquez fight might have been fixed.

Would you believe Mayweather pay much to keep his zero loss fame unchecked? Or, weather the fighter chooses some crooked way to remain top in the order? The answer is yes, though it feels incredible. The reports from and around boxing rings confirm that Mayweather-Marquez fight was really fixed.

Hundreds of boxing fans are stunned to hear that the unbeaten boxer came to the ring after some money exchanges with the opponent. According to expert reviewers, Mayweather has paid around $600,000 to Marquez in their last encounter. They say the star fighter opted this way to stay undefeated in his professional career.

According to one reviewer “If there was a reason to believe that Mayweather's comeback fight was indeed fixed, it was carried out to maintain and assure Mayweather's reign in the popularity ratings. Otherwise, a loss to Marquez would have brought his marketability down,” he noted.

Still, a number of questions remain unanswered around the fix. Why and how the fix got through the cages so successfully? Who are the real players behind the fix party? Experts, confirm that if Mayweather is caught with tainted hands, many others in both camps would be sacked for this fix conspiracy.

Experts also raise concern over Marquez who compromised his power and fame for a few dollars. They wonder how he could engage with this muddy play even after being a part of Golden Boy Promotions and the Managing Partner for Mexico.

Mayweather may be played this dirty role to get an upper hand over Manny Pacquiao to whom he has to meet anyhow. The deal with Mayweather helped Marquez to get a sum of almost $4 million including the penalty. On the other hand Mayweather made $10 million for a fight that generated just about a million in pay-per-view buys.

I think someone forgot to tell Marquez it was fixed...

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
      lmao! that gave me a good laugh

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
        It was close enough being fixed for a fighter who hadn't fought above 135 before to fight at 147.

Comment

Lol. It seems like there's always a conspiracy of Mayweather fights being fixed. There were rumors of the Mosley fight being fixed.

I agree it was designed to make May look good, but Marquez wasn't paid to lose. Meaning I don't think he took a dive. He was just outclassed, but what do you expect when a LW fights a guy like Mayweather?
          Last edited by El Protagonista; 08-31-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

how you gonna fix a fight and cheat at the same time lol

Comment

So Marquez actually had a chance to win against Floyd? And Floyd is actually dirtier than Margarito?

Comment

Is bleacher report a respected site?Theres no evidence in the article,Why would they publish this?This is bull****.

Comment

Joel Seeman (a fellow writer for the Bleacher Report) son'ed him hard though.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...uld-be-ashamed

Floyd Mayweather Fights Weren't Fixed: Leo Reyes Should Be Ashamed
                  By
                  joel seeman
                  (Contributor) on August 31, 2010

I recently was googling Floyd Mayweather's name for news, as I usually do to see if there is any news.

What I found was a disgusting article by Leo Reyes, a columnist for this web page and it was about how he thought Shane Mosley and Juan Manuel Marquez fixed their fights with Floyd Mayweather.

Crazy, right? Let me explain why.

Well, in his article he makes it clear he feels Mayweather-Mosley was fixed and his reasons for believing this go something like this.

Shane Mosley is a partner in Golden Boy, so clearly Oscar de la Hoya and Shane got together and agreed Shane would lose and take a $8 million payday instead of beating Floyd and becoming the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world again.

Make no mistakes: if Shane would have KO'd Floyd Mayweather and became the only fighter to beat him, he would have been the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world coming off a KO over Antonio Margarito and then knocking out Mayweather would have made that happen.

Also, Shane would have been awarded a fight with Manny Pacquiao and made far more than $8 million. After beating Floyd, he would be in the highest demand to fight Manny, so Golden Boy and HBO would have to at least pay him $25 million, so clearly it makes more sense to lose and take $8 million right?

Reason No. 2: Shane clearly hurt Floyd and didn't finish him. Well this is my favorite one because his explanation is Shane saw that he hurt Floyd got scared because he wasn't supposed to do that.

Seems valid. Oh wait, I forgot. After Shane hurt Floyd the first time, he hurt him even worse, buckling his knees a few seconds later. Why would he continue to throw brutal shots if he was being paid to lose?

Let me explain to you why Shane lost: because he, like every other Mayweather opponent, saw how much clean accurate counter punches hurt.

Shane got tired in the 6th round of the fight because he was already training to fight Andre Berto for three months and then you add on three more months for Floyd, and you find your explanation right there.

It's not because he was paid to lose or because he was too old. If you watch that fight, you will hear Larry Merchant say about Shane, "When you're used to being to fastest guy in the ring and you come in against someone faster, it changes everything.''

That is exactly what happened that night.

He also feels that Juan Manuel Marquez was paid to lose to Floyd in their fight in September 2009. Well, lets hear his reasons.

Again, Oscar de la Hoya promoted Juan Manuel Marquez, so if he and Floyd wanted to fix a fight, this one would again be easy, right?

He talked about the fact that again, Oscar knew Mayweather-Pacquaio would be the biggest fight in boxing. And how they knew if Floyd made Marquez look bad, they could get the upper hand in the fight.

However, they fail to realize Manny fought Marquez twice before and the two fights combined had Manny winning by just one point.

Again, the fact that Marquez was the No. 2 pound-for-pound champ at the time and a win over Mayweather would make a rubbermatch more lucrative than the Mayweather bout.

Because everybody knows what happens when you get these two in the ring, it's like Gatti vs Ward on speed. Not to mention, Marquez would be the only man to have ever beaten Mayweather.

So again let me tell you why Floyd won his fight with Juan Manuel Marquez. Floyd was not only bigger and stronger. but he was far faster. He had better reflexes and far better timing.

Not to mention, Juan himself was a counter puncher, so Floyd knew he didn't fight great coming forward, but also he he wouldn't have a choice.

This man, Leo Reyes has no base of fact in calling these allegations yet he does two times in two different articles.

Do you want to know why? Because he is not really a boxing fan so he finds it hard to believe that somebody can be so skilled that he could dominate two of the best fighters in the world with no problem.

Well Leo, he's been doing it for 14 years and 41 fights; now get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
                    So Marquez actually had a chance to win against Floyd? And Floyd is actually dirtier than Margarito?
                    No one is dirtier than margacheato.

Comment

Working...
                    X