Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now, true fans knew DeMarco had no chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I favored Broner to win as most did but Demarco is a pretty good and very durable fighter. Impressive the way Broner just imposed his will and beat him down like that.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i was rooting for Demarco but i knew he was gonna get his ass beat

i knew he was gonna have a hard time touching Broner and he doesn't have the power to make it count when he did

Broner beat a B level champ...congrats...this moves him into the top10 ATG list
      I think B level is "VERY" generous.

The real guys at 135 left (i.e Rios, Marquez and Guerrero). So that kind of made DeMarco the man to beat and the #1 Lightweight by default.

I think Broner beats Rios and I'm not so sure about Guerrero yet.

I just think people are putting too much emphasis on this DeMarco win and his #1 ranking. It was a good win, but it's not like DeMarco was this long reigning champ at 135 who cleaned out the division. Come on now.

Comment

I thought Demarco would stick, move and jab, but he didn't even move his head much, and decided to stand in front of Broner. Big mistake. He should have used his arm lenght and kept distance between them. Lousy game plan.

But i do have to admit, Broner's post-fight interview, he didn't brag and his head didn't swell like i thought it would. Not taking anything away from Broner, but Demarco could have fought a better plan, more lateral movement, dart in, throw some combo's, move back out before getting countered.

That's what i thought he would do and that's why i bet on him and lost. Props to Broner. He's a lot better than i thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Who the hell does everyone want Broner to fight? Pacquiao and Mayweather?

I don't like Broner, but he's just going to get worse if he doesn't get any credit. A la Mayweather.

Good win, DeMarco was very brave and tough in losing. Respect to him too.

In time, there will be a proper test for Broner. He's shown he is head and shoulders above the best of the lightweights, so it won't be today.
          thats what i don't understand with the guys in this forum. "true fans knew he would beat demarco. no biggie" who do these guys want him to fight wtf

gamboa? maythese? mayweather? pac?

the guy fought the number one guy in his division..........some people you will never be able to please & they will find ways to attack demarco to discredit the win.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 11-18-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            thats what i don't understand with the guys in this forum. "true fans knew he would beat demarco. no biggie" who do these guys want him to fight wtf

gamboa? maythese? mayweather? pac?

the guy fought the number one guy in his division..........

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              robert fights at 147 & he himself said that he's not willing to meet broner at 140.

again............people are finding anything to complain about. even things that don't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                robert fights at 147 & he himself said that he's not willing to meet broner at 140.

again............people are finding anything to complain about. even things that don't make sense.
                Actually Broner was the one that suggested they can do it at 147, not Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  Now, true boxing fans knew that "IF" Broner was as good as he's been hyped up to be the he should dominate, but we didn't know if he could live up to the hype or not.....now we know
                  Mmmmmm.....*******....

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Actually Broner was the one that suggested they can do it at 147, not Guerrero.
                    thats after Guerrero told him to come up to 147

heres the conversation

BRONER

"You can't deny talent," Broner fired. "Be real with yourself before your pride gets you [expletive] up. Just look at it like this, you beat Vicente [Escobedo] clearly but I STOPPED HIM. … Let's be real, you know I'm the man when I got 147lb guys trying to make a big fight with me cause they can't sell they self."

ROBERT

"I'm not trying to sell nothing! Didn't you call me, Marquez, and Pacman out? You called the big boys out, I'm not letting it happen!" Guerrero responded. "Jump up 2 weight classes & beat the #1 contender! You're a good lil fighter coming up, but you are a rookie! Move up to 147 where I'm at now! The big boys and let's lock & load! You're 10 fights young & 5 titles away!"

Comment

again, finding anything to complain about..............

Comment

Working...
                      X