Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrera landed less than 20% of his punches kov fans stop with the false hope of blow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Barrera wouldn't make it 6 rounds with Killa Kov but mighty Ward couldn't put him away, he had to lowblow him, headbutt him, clinch him and still could not close the show.

Now he won't even admit to wanting to fight Kov next, "I'm going to leave it to my team". Most of you guys say he needs 1 or 2 more tuneups and it should happen sometime in 2017, lmao. Kovalev's jab is going to keep Ward in the danger zone until his nose is broken just like the rest of Kov's opponents. Once he hits the deck the first time, it's over, just like his career will be. Get ready for it and no excuses when it happens.
    Ward n kov fight /2 diff styles

A fight in between would benefit both doe

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea to compare Sullivan Barrera to Kovalev.

Kovalev is actually a very accurate puncher with perfect timing and has a great jab. He stopped a guy with a jab to the body.

Oh yeah, did I mention, he can can punch a hole in your face to add to good measure.

Comment

what was your prediction for hopkins kovalev? S.O.G is about to meet god and he will tell him he ain't no son of him

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Barrera wouldn't make it 6 rounds with Killa Kov but mighty Ward couldn't put him away, he had to lowblow him, headbutt him, clinch him and still could not close the show.

Now he won't even admit to wanting to fight Kov next, "I'm going to leave it to my team". Most of you guys say he needs 1 or 2 more tuneups and it should happen sometime in 2017, lmao. Kovalev's jab is going to keep Ward in the danger zone until his nose is broken just like the rest of Kov's opponents. Once he hits the deck the first time, it's over, just like his career will be. Get ready for it and no excuses when it happens.
          Styles make fights.

Pacquiao put away a prime Cotto, Canelo went 12 at 155lbs, I doubt that Pac can beat Canelo at 155.

It's all about styles. No one on predicted Ward would knock out Barrera. Everyone would predict Kovalev would KO Barrera. It's just the styles dude. Doesn't mean anything.

Mayweather took 10 rounds with Hatton, Pac took 2, May vs Pac was a 12 round decision.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Styles make fights.

Pacquiao put away a prime Cotto
            Yes, triangle theories don't apply to the fight game.

Cotto was prime against Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              I don't think it's a good idea to compare Sullivan Barrera to Kovalev.

Kovalev is actually a very accurate puncher with perfect timing and has a great jab. He stopped a guy with a jab to the body.

Oh yeah, did I mention, he can can punch a hole in your face to add to good measure.
              You have to land

Wasn't comparing them

Hard to hit is hard to hit

Kov has no head movement n doesn't vary his jab

He'll get countered a bit n ward hits hard enough to earn respect
              Last edited by therealpugilist; 03-27-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Styles make fights.

Pacquiao put away a prime Cotto, Canelo went 12 at 155lbs, I doubt that Pac can beat Canelo at 155.

It's all about styles. No one on predicted Ward would knock out Barrera. Everyone would predict Kovalev would KO Barrera. It's just the styles dude. Doesn't mean anything.

Mayweather took 10 rounds with Hatton, Pac took 2, May vs Pac was a 12 round decision.
                Actually 2009 Manny would bust Canelo up, Canelo just didn't have the killer instinct to compete and he's way to slow.

Now today's Manny would lose, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  You have to land

Wasn't comparing them

Hard to hit is hard to hit

Kov has no head movement n doesn't vary his jab

He'll get countered a bit n ward hits hard enough to earn respect
                  Ward has to go inside Kov's punching zone to hit Kov. Unless Ward can become a mixture of Pep, Whitaker and Mayweather all together, it's gonna be pretty difficult to swim without getting wet that night.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Kov is getting beat at the end of the year

Ward will be sharper in his next fight whether it was with kov or anyone else

I see all these die hard kov fans getting excited when Barrera landed only a hand full of clean punches in 12 rounds

Dre is arguably the hardest fighter to hit clean in the game today. With being more active his combos n right hand will get sharper

I know some of you don't like ward
                    ...I like both guys...this is a pick em fight

Kovalev is not running over ward...dude isn't gonna lay down

Only way kov can win is by ko

He won't land enough clean shots to win a decision

Both will have to bring their best

I can't wait

No one is getting blower out when they fight...these dudes are elite n all around good fighters
                    First time I have seen Barrera but he looked quite slow.

Ward is a talented guy, so could win, but at the same time, he needs to be slightly more careful.

Kov has real power and seems to judge distance quite well.

Comment

Styles make fights.

Some people don't understand styles make fights

Fighters make fights as well

Fighters also make styles

Every fighter doesn't Adapt their style mid fight like ward

Comment

Working...
                      X