No announcement yet.

Example Routine for Open Class and Elite Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example Routine for Open Class and Elite Fighters

I want to make some training templates for the more focused athletes in the sport. Not for folks who are still focusing their workouts on practicing techniques. Looking for some fresh new ideas, or ones I haven't come across before. Looking for a comprehensive breakdown of a week-by-week regimen. Essentially what types of training an open/elite fighter would benefit from.

Looking for:

Advanced drills
    Lifting routines (types? Movements?)
    S&C frequency, drills
    Floor work (plyos, calis)
    Comprehensive nutrition and supplements
    etc, etc
    (I understand routines may very depending on weight class and size)

If you could add daily time frames and weekly placement.

But, like I said, be comprehensive, show off your knowledge a little. I just want to pick brains.

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
    I want to make some training templates for the more focused athletes in the sport. Not for folks who are still focusing their workouts on practicing techniques. Looking for some fresh new ideas, or ones I haven't come across before. Looking for a comprehensive breakdown of a week-by-week regimen. Essentially what types of training an open/elite fighter would benefit from.

Looking for:

Advanced drills
    S&C frequency, drills
    etc, etc

But, like I said, be comprehensive, show off your knowledge a little. I just want to pick brains.
    And how much are you willing to pay for these services?

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post

Looking for:

Advanced drills
      S&C frequency, drills
      etc, etc

As far as lifting: I guess I think old school and I am not a fan of lifting upper body weights (to an extent) while training for boxing. I like to substitute weights with resistance bands. The weights I do suggest are, wrist weights, ankle weights, and a weighted vest (not worn all at the same time) of course.

S&C: Jump rope is a must and daily routine for any boxer. Nothing replaces roadwork but for longevity in your joints I suggest roadwork evey other day and on the non day swim. On those swimming days Id suggest doing your leg weight routine and on the roadwork days Id suggest more bag routines.

As for floor work, again I am old school and I think nothing replaces push-ups and pull ups. Burpees are also good to help with interval strength and thats where the weighted vest comes in, add the vest when it gets to easy.

As far as nutrition. dont deprive yourself to much especially as an amateur. Consume most of your fatty calories for breakfast so you can burn them off later, eat a sensible lunch and snack healthy throughout the day. and for dinner protein up. On cheat days (because itll happen) do a little extra cardio. A young healthy man should have no problems burning it off if you are a daily gym goer...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        As far as lifting: I guess I think old school and I am not a fan of lifting upper body weights (to an extent) while training for boxing. I like to substitute weights with resistance bands. The weights I do suggest are, wrist weights, ankle weights, and a weighted vest (not worn all at the same time) of course.

S&C: Jump rope is a must and daily routine for any boxer. Nothing replaces roadwork but for longevity in your joints I suggest roadwork evey other day and on the non day swim. On those swimming days Id suggest doing your leg weight routine and on the roadwork days Id suggest more bag routines.

As for floor work, again I am old school and I think nothing replaces push-ups and pull ups. Burpees are also good to help with interval strength and thats where the weighted vest comes in, add the vest when it gets to easy.

As far as nutrition. dont deprive yourself to much especially as an amateur. Consume most of your fatty calories for breakfast so you can burn them off later, eat a sensible lunch and snack healthy throughout the day. and for dinner protein up. On cheat days (because itll happen) do a little extra cardio. A young healthy man should have no problems burning it off if you are a daily gym goer...
        Lifting: Resistance bands are always great, I keep forgetting about them. As far as I know they're ideal for increasing speed due to the bands ability to apply the resistance from direct opposite trajectory of a punch. I haven't really dabbled, or heard much, as far as the use of ankle/wrist weights go. Recommend? I've been lifting for the past few months with the emphasis on strength. I'm doing it just to kind of experience it. My weight hasn't increased, but I'm become more defined. Although I'm not sure what kind significance it can hold as far as benefiting boxing, if at all. But, I do see a use in performing the big 3. I do see an unnatural amount of fighters who can't do efficient core work without hurting their lower back. I think those lifts can help maintain body and reduce injury do to frailty.

S&C: I agree on jumping rope, it's standard and actually can keep the connection between the upper and lower body working together in rhythm. But I've started to stray away from extensive roadwork and supplementing it with HIIT. Although I keep seeing conflicting "studies" suggesting HIIT is better or continuous aerobic is better. I've just seen more results with the former.

Floor Work: Haven't tried weighted vests either, although I see plenty swear by them. I try to keep it interesting as far as plyometrics and calisthenics go. The more explosive the movements the better, I feel. Ladder-work is of course great. I like to dabble in slam balls a bit too.

Never thought about distributing those fatty calories early in the day, not sure how. Haha.

Comment

Working...
        X