Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's Punching Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah.....just 4 months ago he was the biggest scrub to disgrace the face of the heavyweight landscape and now he could be the next face of the HW division. WTF...NSB...wooooweee!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Ah.....just 4 months ago he was the biggest scrub to disgrace the face of the heavyweight landscape and now he could be the next face of the HW division. WTF...NSB...wooooweee!
      I'm still critical of the guy, he just recently started stepping up in opponent so people are starting to warm up to him.
      I mean, his opponents are still old and shot, but better quality than the first 27.

Comment

His windmilling technique is disgusting to watch but I have not seen it fail him yet against bums and pensioners. If Lewis would ditch his ridiculous prospects like PRice who is a running joke now and take on Wilder he may be able to turn the trick there. Imagine conquering his successors the Klitschko's with a puppet like Wilder?

Far fetched maybe but not as far fetched as the idea of making something out of Price was, who'se jaw could be dislocated by a strong gust of wind! lol

Comparing his power to Foreman is not a far fetched proposition to the guy who said that!? What "quality" opponents did Foreman knock out either? Foreman KO'd a heap of cruisers to pad his record as well as HW's. Wilder is only allowed to KO HW's!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I'm still critical of the guy, he just recently started stepping up in opponent so people are starting to warm up to him.
          I mean, his opponents are still old and shot, but better quality than the first 27.
          His power is undeniable at this point, I mean there isn't even room for discrepancy, his KO rating is 100%. He needs to step up the comp level and the Arreola-Mitchell winner would be the perfect candidate.

Comment

The funny thing is that he's got a pretty small frame for a guy his size when you compare him to NBA players. Deontay is trying his hardest to put on weight/muscle, at 224 I doubt he gets up to 230.

Kawhi Leonard entered the nba at 20 years old, 6'7 and 230lbs and he's not trying to bulk up. Then you've got guys that actually do try to get big, guys like Lebron and Artest at 6'8 260+, Dejuan Blair, Paul Millsap, Jason Maxiel, Reggie Evans, etc. all around the same size.

Just imagine the power those guys could generate, scary.

Comment

More importantly I'm curious to see how his chin holds up, his frame to me just looks like a guy who would falter very easily to a guy who can punch. Most of his mass is in his upper body.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                His power is undeniable at this point, I mean there isn't even room for discrepancy, his KO rating is 100%. He needs to step up the comp level and the Arreola-Mitchell winner would be the perfect candidate.
                I think he has a bazooka of a right hand, I just like to see him test it against somebody who isn't on the old lay-off time

Comment

LOL a man that big who throws his ****ing fists like a maniac would knock anybody out. If wilder lands that right hand bomb on any heavyweight today it's over wlad, vitali, haye any heavyweight.

Comment

He's just another Michael Grant, let's not get carried away. He may or nmay not capture a title in the future but he'll be exposed eventually by a fighter with comparable physical gifts but proper skills as well as did Grant.

Golota beat the **** out of Grant. I can't believe Golota quit against Grant after a single KD 2 rounds before the end of the fight during which Andrew was spanking him! And of course Lennox showed up who Grant really was.

Of course this is what's gonna happen to Wilder too. Wilder looks gangly and glassy compared to Grant!

Comment

Working...
                    X