No announcement yet.

An unbiased look at the Garcia-Salido Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    #1. Mikey is a badass. Cant take nothing from him. great fighter! Mikey didnt ask to stop or say he wanted or didnt. He let the Doc/commission do their job!

And thats where i have a problem with it. They let Rosado fight with a bad cut over his eye...a broke nose that was bleeding profusely..and a busted lip that would stop bleeding. But Mikey gets a broke nose and it has to be stopped now!
    Ive seen plenty of fights that the fighter was 10times worst...This was a championship fight for the title. And Salido was trying hard to come back. Garcia knocked him around early on but really nothing devastating. It could have been a good fight or come back win...or Garcia could have stopped Salido out cold...who knows...The stoppage was lame. Think of all the worst youve seen before you think the stoppage wasnt lame! Oh...i wanted Garcia to win...but not this way!
    But you're talking apples and oranges, bro. Rosado got cut by illegal punches, Mikey got hit with an illegal blow. What if they send Mikey out there and Salido gets the stoppage in the next round, a la Vasquez Marqeuz (hitting the broken nose and the pain is too much)?

What does that say to fighters? Just try to break a guys nose with an illegal blow and then get the KO? No way. Mikey was compromised from an illegal shot.

Going to the cards was the only fair decision. Saildo didnt want it to the cards, he shouldn't have fouled him. If he disagrees, then let him call for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Look, the doctor even got a second opinion, and both officials agreed to stop the fight.

Garcia is the guy who left Margarito in against Pacquiao for 12 rounds. Dude is not afraid to send his guy out there battered and bloody. However, Mikey got fouled and compromised in a fight he was dominating. If Sladio had hit that nose, which he broke by an illegal blow, not through any sort of boxing skills, and got a stoppage, what kind of precedent does that set?

If you're losing a fight, just break the guys nose with the headbutt and then punch his broken nose till you get a KO? I swear to god, some of the guys on here do not like or care about boxing at all. Just here to name-call and argue.

Mikey beat Salido all over the damn ring the whole night. Make a rematch and he does it again.
      Exactly everyone and they're momma will be following suit.

Comment

But you're talking apples and oranges, bro. Rosado got cut by illegal punches, Mikey got hit with an illegal blow. What if they send Mikey out there and Salido gets the stoppage in the next round, a la Vasquez Marqeuz (hitting the broken nose and the pain is too much)?

What does that say to fighters? Just try to break a guys nose with an illegal blow and then get the KO? No way. Mikey was compromised from an illegal shot.

Going to the cards was the only fair decision. Saildo didnt want it to the cards, he shouldn't have fouled him. If he disagrees, then let him call for a rematch.
        The doctor dont give a shlt if the blow as legal or illegal intentional or unintentional! They care about the safety of the fighter. Or is supposed to. I dont care how the nose was broke. The fact is it was BROKE. Oh and the head but was ruled...accidental! The fight could have went on! JMM vs Pac. Pac broke his nose...and it was bleeding like a faucet. JMM fought 12 rounds like that! And i dont care if it was punch or headbutt or baseball bat....it was broke and there was no quit in that fight...no stoppage from Doctors! I repeat...the Doctors are their for the safety of the fighter...Not to judge how the incident happen or if it should go on because of the incident. They are there for the safety....Where were they for Rasado? He was clearly in WORST condition! Hopefully you can have a better understanding now of where im coming from!

Comment

It was Robert Garcia who told the ref to stop it.. Hes done it before
          go to 9:18
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtQHlFjIRQ
          He also did it recently in the Pelos vs Roman fight.. He told the ref to stop it,, he knew Pelos was gonna get knocked out

Comment

Look, the doctor even got a second opinion, and both officials agreed to stop the fight.

Garcia is the guy who left Margarito in against Pacquiao for 12 rounds. Dude is not afraid to send his guy out there battered and bloody. However, Mikey got fouled and compromised in a fight he was dominating. If Sladio had hit that nose, which he broke by an illegal blow, not through any sort of boxing skills, and got a stoppage, what kind of precedent does that set?

If you're losing a fight, just break the guys nose with the headbutt and then punch his broken nose till you get a KO? I swear to god, some of the guys on here do not like or care about boxing at all. Just here to name-call and argue.

Mikey beat Salido all over the damn ring the whole night. Make a rematch and he does it again.
            you are absolutely right and i agree 100%. But the headbutt was ruled accidental and was not intentional! Protect yourself at all times! Also this is a combative sport...things will happen. you cant penalize another fighter for an accidental blow! unless its obsessively being done over and over. This was an isolated incident! Nor should the fans be penalized for an accidental blow. Its bad enough we get robbed on decisions!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Good thread. Lying ass mutha****as been making **** up all day long.
              They certainly have. Last night I was unable to watch it, so I viewed the round by round comments here and everyone was saying Mikey was a bi*ch, he didn't have the killer instinct, he quite like a bi*ch. So, around midnight when I finally get to watch it, I realized that was all BS from a bunch of haters that don't know **** about boxing. They are a disgrace to internet forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Rox View Post
                He also did it recently in the Pelos vs Roman fight.. He told the ref to stop it,, he knew Pelos was gonna get knocked out
                did you upload that you have to, uploaded today, no views? cool I want to see Rios vs Ortiz bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  did you upload that you have to, uploaded today, no views? cool I want to see Rios vs Ortiz bad.
                  Yeah......

Comment

Garcia was fading and were worried he would get Junama'd which is why they stopped the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Rox View Post
                      It was this. At the end of the round, Mikey told Robert about the nose and butt. Robert is heard saying it out loud to the ref, then they panned to Salido's corner. I knew the Garcia's were going to get it stopped at that point.

As a trainer, Robert would be a fool if he did not take full advantage of that situation. Mikey just went along with everything.

Could the fight have went on, yes it could have. But IMO it the right call to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                      X