Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders Condemns Rugby Player's 'Gypsy Boy' Slur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given what I saw yet again at the Blackwell/Eubank fight from these folk, the reputation is often earned and that's why gypo is used as a term.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      He called him "gypsy boy". If he had called an opposing player "black boy" or "Paki boy", you get the picture.
      White boy?

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
        because Brits call someone a gypsy when they're jobless, homeless or have a shady character and they don't pay tax because some of them, not all, live outside the mainstream, usually in caravans...most of the taxes in the UK are excessive and silly...like VAT, poll tax and next year we'll be paying bedroom tax, a tax you have to pay if you have a bedroom that no one is living in...and we're probably the only country in the world were you have to buy a license every year to watch TV
        God Bless the USA. ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
          whats so bad about saying gypsy?
          Nothing. The gypsy king fury is always banging on about the gyppos.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            He called him "gypsy boy". If he had called an opposing player "black boy" or "Paki boy", you get the picture.
            I don't know if you can equate them.

From what I've read, the gypsies from the UK are different than the gypsies throughout Europe. I always thought they were the same and were easily identifiable by their low living standards and darker skin color. Turns out the term 'gypsy' used in the UK is used describe white people who are Irish travelers.

I'd say the difference between calling someone a black boy, or a 'Paki', and a gypsy is that you can tell someone is black or 'Paki' by looking at them, their skin color gives it away. But you can't tell someone is a gypsy unless they specifically tell you that they're a gypsy or they're descendants etc. It's easier to hide than it is to hide skin color.

So I would say it's more offensive to call someone a 'black boy' or 'Paki' than it is to call someone a gypsy because people can discriminate against you just based on skin color. Gypsy can be treated equally as a white guy because they look the same. Unless of course they decide to reveal that they are in fact gypsy.

Just my two cents.

Comment

because Brits call someone a gypsy when they're jobless, homeless or have a shady character and they don't pay tax because some of them, not all, live outside the mainstream, usually in caravans...most of the taxes in the UK are excessive and silly...like VAT, poll tax and next year we'll be paying bedroom tax, a tax you have to pay if you have a bedroom that no one is living in...and we're probably the only country in the world were you have to buy a license every year to watch TV
              Lol!! I was in the UK in the mid 80's in the US Air Force. I lived off base with my wife & child, and was told I'd have to pay road tax & tv tax. I think they had at that point recently gotten rid of radio tax. I was like, "What the hell!?"

Comment

Whats most laughable about this is that its called a racist comment. Pathetic. A white man cannot be racist towards another white man. Prejudiced yes but not racist FFS. They are the same race.

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
                  Even the most Leftist Europeans - the one's who beg Arab refugees to rape their girlfriends - hate gypsies.
                  thats a fey dimwitted statement creap!
                  its all about money prolapse sucker!

Comment

You earn respect in life

People get respect when they pay their own way

Gypsys make a living out of ripping off the ealderly and robbing people's sheds . They are the lowest of the low . Dirt bags

Comment

Is there any truth that whites hate gypsies more than blacks in Europe? Been on couple forums and i see people there talking about how they prefer blacks to gypsies. I see gypsies as whites, so i am confused about why they hate gypsies though their countenance says white. Is this due to their low status on the socioeconomic ladder?

Comment

Working...
                      X