No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr/Froch being looked at for October 25th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Probably not, unless December. Not sure Hearn cares that much, possibly more money for him in Degale-Froch or Froch-Kessler III.
    That's if he returns... I heard he's mulling over retirement too

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      On the American PPV market I guess. There are 2 more PPV's before this supposed one, and Weebler said Froch might not even be ready then.

This is also the beginning of their year end PPV shows with Pac and Cotto and right after Mayweather. Some people might stave off Mayweather for the later shows, but Bob is crazy for making some people have to pick one or two between the three....

Guess it won't happen this year then. Bob won't put 2 PPV's in the same month, not enough money in regular HBO and Bob don't do the whole stacked name undercard thing
      People will just pick and choose which PPVs to watch and this will be one of the ones they'll choose to watch. Also, wouldnt HBO or TR get PPV money from overseas too?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        People will just pick and choose which PPVs to watch and this will be one of the ones they'll choose to watch. Also, wouldnt HBO or TR get PPV money from overseas too?
        yea... and Pac would get covered by China and what not.... but still so many PPV's so close together hurts each others sales

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          yea... and Pac would get covered by China and what not.... but still so many PPV's so close together hurts each others sales
          If Pacquiao is really fighting Abregu or Algieri... Froch vs Chavez it is for me. And I like to call myself a Pact@rd.

Comment

The irony this the same promoter that said there are too many ppvs

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              If Pacquiao is really fighting Abregu or Algieri... Froch vs Chavez it is for me. And I like to call myself a Pact@rd.
              I heard it's 90 percent done Abregu.... looks like he's focusing on China this time around. Having Shiming and Tso both in title fights in November

Comment

No more PPVs. Please God...

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  This one will bomb on PPV. As it should. No one in America knows Carl Froch. Chavez Jr. can only live off daddy's name for so long. Less than 150k.
                  I'd say it does well above that number.

JCC Jr. probably isn't where he was entering the Martinez fight, but he'll retain some of that 475,000 ppv audience.

Comment

Gigo said this was retweeted by JCC Jr....

Comment

I thought they were gonna complete with Floyd Mayweather? Surely more Mexicans would buy JCC Jr./Froch on Mexican Independence Day than Mayweather/Maidana 2 right?

Comment

Working...
                      X