No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado: Nothing Left To Prove

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
    Alvarado is not Bradley. He cant avoid exchanges evem if he wanted too. He will pump the jab and right hand to keep distance but at the end of the day they are gonna slug it out and Alvarado will come out on top of another fight of the year canididate.

Arum will have no choice but to give him more respect and give him Bradley or Pac. But knowing Arum hed make Alavarado rematch Rios which is not right. Alavarado deserves respect and the big paydays!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    IMO, Alvarado will most likely get Pac since he was slated to fight him before.
    And hell, if Pac can go down, he should to get that belt and a little more publicity

Comment

I wished he had an easier fight before taking on Ruslan. Give him a bit of a break for the two wars with Rios. I like Mike and this will be another war and I worry for him later in life.

Comment

Some body's going DOWN !!

I am pullin for the SIBERIAN EXPRESS !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          That's his best bet and if he does that for 12 rounds he wins but can you really see him not engaging in a slug fest with Prov, even for a couple of rounds? Dude is a warrior, I think his pride will come out and he'll start swinging for the fences at some point
          True. Alvarado (i.e. the Mexican school) can't hold himself back from slugging... But Mike hits harder than Tim -- which is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            True. Alvarado (i.e. the Mexican school) can't hold himself back from slugging... But Mike hits harder than Tim -- which is a fact.
            I agree, but Ruslan seems to have a decent enough chin, if they start slugging I'll take Ruslan, I think he hits harder then Rios but his skin is very delicate so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut up bad also if that were the case

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
              I agree, but Ruslan seems to have a decent enough chin, if they start slugging I'll take Ruslan, I think he hits harder then Rios but his skin is very delicate so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut up bad also if that were the case
              There will be a slugfest alright.
              I can't predict the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                There will be a slugfest alright.
                I can't predict the winner.
                Absolute 50/50 fight IMO

Comment

This will be different

This won't be like the Rios fight. This guy hits much,much harder. Running doesn't work with him either. About the only chance Mike has, is to constantly stay behind the jab and hit him as hard as possible, and keep hitting him.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    Mike has a lot to prove after running for his life against Rios
                    I think Alvarado boxed well against the slugger Rios. Mike peppered him with good shots all night long, but they didn't seem to even show damage until the ninth or tenth round. Mike did the smart thing to keep his distance at times, but he didn't do that the whole fight. There were periods when he stood right there in the pocket with Rios, exchanging bombs. When Rios began to land punishing blows, Alvarado remembered from the first fight to get out of there and reset. He then delivered some good combos which eventually weakened Rios. That's not running, that's good boxing. Provodnikov hits hard, but doesn't put punches together as well as Rios does. Alvarado should be able to pick him apart relatively easily.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      Mike has a lot to prove after running for his life against Rios
                      He wasn't close to running in that fight. He boxed very well and still went to war at times. I expect the same here and I wouldn't be surprised with a Alvarado win by stoppage possibly by cuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X