This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rsf View Post
    larry holmes vs ossie ocasio holmes wins every round against a willing but totally outclassed ocasio who is saved by the ref in the 7th

jung koo chang vs torres (I) chang completely dominates here 10-1-1 for me, i will be interested to see thier rematch as chang must of not prepared properly or torres improved a huge amount as it is a close pts win for chang
    I haven't seen it yet but from what I've read Chang came in out of shape for the second fight and Torres pushed him pretty hard. The third one is a a good fight as well but not as good as the first though personally I remember the first being somewhat closer though I've never scored it, great fight all the same, my favorite Chang fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
      I haven't seen it yet but from what I've read Chang came in out of shape for the second fight and Torres pushed him pretty hard. The third one is a a good fight as well but not as good as the first though personally I remember the first being somewhat closer though I've never scored it, great fight all the same, my favorite Chang fight.
      Besides watching 2 impressive performances by Shawn Porter and fernando Guerrero, I watched a classic 1991 WBO 118 pound title fight between Gaby Canizales and Happy Lora. Lora won the first round keeping Gaby away with his legendary boxing skills. Early in the second, Lora caught Gaby with a sweeping left hook that dropped him. Lora, a great finisher, went in for the kill. While attempting to put Gaby away, Lora walked into an even more lethal left hook. How Happy got up I'm not sure, but Gaby jumped on him and finished him off with a spectacular 2nd round ko. That 2nd round was one of the great rounds in 118 pound history.

Comment

• ayala vs epps
        benn vs logan
        holmes vs norton

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
          Besides watching 2 impressive performances by Shawn Porter and fernando Guerrero, I watched a classic 1991 WBO 118 pound title fight between Gaby Canizales and Happy Lora. Lora won the first round keeping Gaby away with his legendary boxing skills. Early in the second, Lora caught Gaby with a sweeping left hook that dropped him. Lora, a great finisher, went in for the kill. While attempting to put Gaby away, Lora walked into an even more lethal left hook. How Happy got up I'm not sure, but Gaby jumped on him and finished him off with a spectacular 2nd round ko. That 2nd round was one of the great rounds in 118 pound history.
          So true.. I watched Canizales-Lora quite recently myself.. Similar to Ketchell-Johnson but at Bantam..
          I see Shawn Porter's still winning well, he posts on NSB sometimes.. Prospect?

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
            So true.. I watched Canizales-Lora quite recently myself.. Similar to Ketchell-Johnson but at Bantam..
            I see Shawn Porter's still winning well, he posts on NSB sometimes.. Prospect?
            I like Porter, he has tremendous upside. I just hope he faces better competition. The stiff he fought Friday night had no business being in the ring with him.

Comment

• Carbajal-Arce
              PWill - Martinez
              Holyfield-Tyson I
              Toney-Holyfield
              Benn-McClellan

Comment

• last night i watched Corrales vs Castillo I and Marquez Vs Diaz. Two great lightweight fights..RIP CHICO

Comment

• I keep watching toney vs barkley...unbeliveable tekkers in that fight!

Comment

• herol graham vs rod douglas
                    herol graham vs julian jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      I will have to watch it again as its been a while since i saw it, great fight though, will try and get around to watching and post my card.

Drummond vs Solis

Round 1 Solis

Solis stalking his man and looking for
                      the looping right over the top and going
                      to the body in this round

Round 2 Solis

Solis stalking and picking his spots as he went
                      to the body again and scored a couple
                      of shots to the head.

Round 3 Not much happened this round although
                      Solis did turn it up a little toward the end.

Round 4 Drummond quits in his corner.

Pointless exercise as Drummond was never gonna ask any questions of Solis, Solis
                      does not impress me at all, too flat footed, too methodical, too lazy, he will have
                      problems with a fighter who can take advantage of his peek a boo defence, Solis
                      is a guy that allows you to get off first and if you can use your legs and throw combo's
                      you can keep him playing defense he wont be able to get off himself. Solis is better
                      than someone like Clottey at catching and throwing as he is not as passive with his defense
                      as Clottey, but he close distance much slower than Clottey and so gives you more time
                      to set up and move.

Solis does like to counter the jab with the looping right out of his shell defense and
                      does like to go to the body.
                      Saw the first Saad-Yaqui Lopez fight from 1978. Saad was tremendous in this fight, boxing Lopez's ears off by dominating with the jab. In the 8th, Lopez rocked Saad and almost put him away(eerily similar to the rematch 2 years later. In both fights, Lopez hurt Saad in the 8th, only for Saad to recuperate and hurt him towards the end of the fight). Saad recovered and finally pit him away in the 11th.

Comment

Working...
                      X