Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because we all know Science is the truth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pyramids are one of life's great mysteries, nobody knows exactly how they came around.

The Mayan calendar is pretty simple though.

What is a calendar? Surely it's just a chart based on the varying position of the sun, stars and moon? The fact that a year is EXACTLY the same ammount of time that the earth orbits the sun once is a mighty coincidence, don't you think?

All the Mayans did was simply look up, and plot the path of stars, the sun and the moon.

I thought this was common sense...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      There's a "solution" as to why camel bones were found in the Arctic? If I was going to be scientific I'd say that there weren't any camel bones found in the Arctic, and the burden of proof is on you to furnish your assertion with evidence.

Besides which, that's the punchline to a joke.

Q What do you call a camel at the North Pole?
      A Lost

You have to mention the title of the video. Oh but the Nostradamus "prediction" of 9/11?

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/nostradamus.asp

Computer says no.

Did you ask anything about the pyramids or the Mayan calendar?
      ok so there you go, somebody throws something out for you to seriously think about and you link a simple website and want to use that as your facts to claim it's not true. I will get the title for you and i hope you watch it. If you want to come to the conclusion still that you rather believe a website fine, but you'll realize how accurate to the T that movie was about muslims from the east coming to the west to start a holy war, two man made mountains going up in smoke, making it look like it was snowing filling the sky with debris. Pig men, chemical warefare you'll have to admit whoever translated that from Nostradamus is pretty scary accurate, but lets go ahead and ignore that and believe a website and their opinions. You said why listen to goat herding, suggesting they don't know anything or aren't smart enough so I asked you to explain how the pyramids were built, and how these little indians in mexico could have built similar pyramids and have the most advance calendar ever made, how were these things done by these uneducated non-technology goat herders? Are you going to link a website that say ufo's helped them? or that their simply not true and just our imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
        The pyramids are one of life's great mysteries, nobody knows exactly how they came around.

The Mayan calendar is pretty simple though.

What is a calendar? Surely it's just a chart based on the varying position of the sun, stars and moon? The fact that a year is EXACTLY the same ammount of time that the earth orbits the sun once is a mighty coincidence, don't you think?

All the Mayans did was simply look up, and plot the path of stars, the sun and the moon.

I thought this was common sense..

oh ok so the most advanced calendar on earth made many many many many years ago that has baffled scientists for decades was just explained by you. All they did was simply look up and use common sense...geezh why couldn't anyone think of that before

Comment

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
          ok so there you go, somebody throws something out for you to seriously think about and you link a simple website and want to use that as your facts to claim it's not true.
          Please quote the specific quatrains in which Nostradamus predicted 9/11. Go ahead.

I will get the title for you and i hope you watch it. If you want to come to the conclusion still that you rather believe a website fine
          I didn't come to this conclusion from looking at a single website but I'm pretty sure you don't want to spend a couple of weeks and read a few books on nostradamus, the scientific method and the art of a skeptical mind.

, but you'll realize how accurate to the T that movie was about muslims from the east coming to the west to start a holy war, two man made mountains going up in smoke, making it look like it was snowing filling the sky with debris.
          But you DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THE MOVIE! All I have from you is "Oh there's this movie and I can't remember what is was called but it really did prove that Nostradamus predicted 9/11!". I gave a you a link explaining the misconception which is infinitely more than you gave me. But seeing as you're an expert on Nostradamus perhaps you could tell me the quatrain or quatrains which predicted 9/11.

Pig men, chemical warefare you'll have to admit whoever translated that from Nostradamus is pretty scary accurate,
          Nostradamus was French. You do know thaqt right?

but lets go ahead and ignore that and believe a website and their opinions.
          Snopes is a pretty well respected skeptics website. Did you bother reading the page?

You said why listen to goat herding, suggesting they don't know anything or aren't smart enough so I asked you to explain how the pyramids were built,
          Goat herders didn't build the pyramids. The pyramids were built by the Egyptian civilization, a civilization with seemingly unlimited resources, unlimited slaves and a lot of time on their hands.

and how these little indians in mexico could have built similar pyramids and have the most advance calendar ever made,
          The "little indians" as you so patronisingly refer to them were another very advanced civilization with unlimited resources, unlimited slaves and a lot of time on their hands.

how were these things done by these uneducated non-technology goat herders?
          As discussed the goat-herders didn't do any of these things.

Are you going to link a website that say ufo's helped them? or that their simply not true and just our imagination?
          What on earth have I ever said that would lead you to such an absurd conclusion?

Comment

Please quote the specific quatrains in which Nostradamus predicted 9/11. Go ahead.

I didn't come to this conclusion from looking at a single website but I'm pretty sure you don't want to spend a couple of weeks and read a few books on nostradamus, the scientific method and the art of a skeptical mind.

But you DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THE MOVIE! All I have from you is "Oh there's this movie and I can't remember what is was called but it really did prove that Nostradamus predicted 9/11!". I gave a you a link explaining the misconception which is infinitely more than you gave me. But seeing as you're an expert on Nostradamus perhaps you could tell me the quatrain or quatrains which predicted 9/11.

Nostradamus was French. You do know thaqt right?

Snopes is a pretty well respected skeptics website. Did you bother reading the page?

Goat herders didn't build the pyramids. The pyramids were built by the Egyptian civilization, a civilization with seemingly unlimited resources, unlimited slaves and a lot of time on their hands.

The "little indians" as you so patronisingly refer to them were another very advanced civilization with unlimited resources, unlimited slaves and a lot of time on their hands.

As discussed the goat-herders didn't do any of these things.

What on earth have I ever said that would lead you to such an absurd conclusion?
            ok we'll leave it at this. And i will get you the title of that movie. I'd have to go back to the store I rented it from to get the exact title. I watched this movie several years ago didn't think i'd have to remember the title for some guy on the internet that believes what he wants. This movie which i doubled checked the date it was made and it was in the 70's. The filming is even 70's but i guess it was just pretty nice look of interpretation for them 30 something years ago make this movie of his predictions of Muslims from the east starting a war with the west. Lucky guess that two man made mountains went up in smoke filling the sky with debris making it look like it was snowing. Coincidence religious was involved like he said the muslims would proclaim a holy war. Pig men in chemical warfare. Instead of taking your biased blind skeptic glasses off and taking a serious thought as to how can this be so accurate instead of linking a sight that's main purpose is to try to dismiss rumors for people like you that are to blind to look at reality and happenings around you.

Comment

Scientist are perfect, never wrong and never fail

If you truly despise science that much, then quit using the tools science has given you. In fact, the next time you become ill, try faith healing.

Comment

ok we'll leave it at this. And i will get you the title of that movie. I'd have to go back to the store I rented it from to get the exact title. I watched this movie several years ago didn't think i'd have to remember the title for some guy on the internet that believes what he wants.
                You made a claim, I'm asking you to back it up. You're not doing very good job.

This movie which i doubled checked the date it was made and it was in the 70's. The filming is even 70's but i guess it was just pretty nice look of interpretation for them 30 something years ago make this movie of his predictions of Muslims from the east starting a war with the west.
                So you are sure of the date but not the title? IMDB has nothing to say either.

Lucky guess that two man made mountains went up in smoke filling the sky with debris making it look like it was snowing.
                Sorry was this the movie or was it Nostradamus? Or are you saying that the director of this unspecified movie was behind 9/11? You're really not making any sense here.

Coincidence religious was involved like he said the muslims would proclaim a holy war.
                The history of Islam is one big Holy War interspersed with periods of war and holiness. It's not a giant leap to suggest that one day muslims would make war with the West. They did. The Crusades for example. Or the Caliphate conquest of Spain.

Pig men in chemical warfare.
                Again you keep reusing that phrase which may be very convincing in context but out of context it's just a phrase. Who said anything about pig men? What kind of pig has a face like a gas mask?

Instead of taking your biased blind skeptic glasses off
                You are misunderstanding what skepticism means. Skepticism means not blindly accepting information you are given. It means that when someone says to you "Nostradamus predicted 9/11" you ask for a page reference so you can decide for yourself. It means that when someone insists that the Egyptians must have had alien flying machines to build the pyramids you immediately question whether or not there may be a more rational explanation. To be a skeptic requires an open mind, not a closed one. I am merely asking you to tell me why you believe what you beleve and to back up your claims.

and taking a serious thought as to how can this be so accurate instead of linking a sight that's main purpose is to try to dismiss rumors for people like you
                That what can be so accurate? So far you're telling me that Nostradamus predicted 9/11 because you saw it in a movie made in the 1970s. You haven't told me where Nostradamus predicted 9/11 or what he actually said. What am I supposed to take a serious thought regarding the accuracy of? The Mayan calendar? The pyramids? Nostradamus? I don't understand.

that are to blind to look at reality and happenings around you.
                And when you absolutely have nothing whatsoever to back up your argument you fall back on accusing me of being "blind to reality". If 30 year old movies based on the prediction of a long dead French charlatan about an event that happened recently mixed with unrelated musings on dead civilizations and their large tombs constitutes reality then I'd rather be blind.

Comment

This thread is ******ed Almost as ******ed as my mullet looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican Mullet View Post
                    This thread is ******ed Almost as ******ed as my mullet looks.
                    I think you look dishy.

Comment

I think you look dishy.
                      I don't know what that means but if it's good, I'm it.

Ali said that.

Comment

Working...
                      X