No announcement yet.

Winky Wright turned down Oscar DeLahoya in 2005

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Viva_La_Raza View Post
    How much did Wright make in his next fight after rejecting DLH's offer?

If he made less than 6 million... he's a ducker according to people on here.
    Using figures I came across on another forum:
    Winky vs Mosley:750k
    Winky vs Mosley II:1.6M
    Winky vs Tito:4M
    Winky vs Hopkins:2M
    Last edited by General Zod; 02-19-2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

that was winky's biggest flaw of his career, over valueing his own worth.

****, him beating oscar, which he would of, would have been immensely great for his career.

Sometimes people don't see that. They see the money and not the big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoossen View Post
        Winky made 750k vs Mosley (Mosey got 2.1million), 1.6Million for the rematch (Mosley got 2million) and 4million vs Tito (Trinidad got 10million). He didn't go close to ever making $6million. He later made 2million vs Hopkins (Hopkins made 3million)
        Thanks.

He's a ducker for turning down 6 million to fight Mosley for 750K. How come people don't call him a ducker for tuning down 6 million to fight for 750K?

Only Floyd is a ducker for turning down 7-8 million to fight for 4 million, smh. I don't see people call him a ducker on here, but they always say Floyd ducked certain boxers.

Comment

bad move winki, you would have spank that ass.

Comment

Wow my respect for DLH just grew a little more. Winky pussied out from a DLH fight.

Comment

How can someone turn down that kind of money, especially if they are not a superstar?

Comment

Winky was a fool for not taking that.

He would of beat Oscar, which is always a good win for any fighter.

Comment

Winky lost out on so much money from 2005 on. I don't understand why these guys get so greedy. Then he fights BHop for like 1.5 mill. Weird.

Comment

What the article doesnt say is that 6 million was a low ball offer considering how much money Delahoya generated at that time. But in my opinion Wright should have taken it. He would have beaten Oscar.
                    Last edited by Calilloyd; 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      What the article doesnt say is that 6 million was a low ball offer considering how much money Delahoya generated at thatime.
                      That is true, but it is still 6 million.

Comment

Working...
                      X