Deaths per Billion hours:
    Air: 30.8
    Car: 130

And,

Deaths per Billion Kilometers:
    Air: 0.05
    Car: 3.1
    Interesting thanks.

Stupid of me really considering how much further plane journey's are. I knew there was some statistic in its favour and from your stats it's obviously deaths per km.

Cool information, glad it favours planes though, keeps me comfortable when I am going to fly. I'm not too big a fan

Comment

Flying is rather enjoyable. The whole process of getting on the plane and off it is a complete pain in the balls, however.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Safer than being in a car.
        That Bogus! That's one of the biggest myths around. They based that silly statement on number of deaths. Of course more deaths will happen on the road. There's tens of millions of cars on the road at any given time. Of course there's going to be more accidents.

It's just as absurd as saying that cyanide poisoning is safer than alcohol poisoning because more people die from alcohol poisoning than cyanide poisoning. I don't care if there are thousands of car crashes a year and there's only one plane crash every ten years...that does not mean that planes are safer than cars..because.. remember the question..."In the event of A crash what are the chances of survival? This is the true basis that one should use to determine safety. You could survive a car crash, good luck surviving a plane crash from 30,000 feet in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          You have a 12 year old daughter?
          she was at the time yeah , now she is 15 its my stepdaughter if your sittin there confused lol

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
            she was at the time yeah , now she is 15 its my stepdaughter if your sittin there confused lol

I'm not confused anymore lol!

the reason I asked its because I've seen your picture and you look young but much respect for saying my daughter, I also have a stepdaughter and when people ask I say daughter too

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              I'm not confused anymore lol!

the reason I asked its because I've seen your picture and you look young but much respect for saying my daughter, I also have a stepdaughter and when people ask I say daughter too
              yeah man huge respect back , she was 7 when me and my wife got together so its only right she gets treat the same as my own son apart from she spends all my money all the time lol god damn women

Comment

i always pray for a plane crash and survive everytime i step on one.

Comment

only if my pilot is an alcoholic on cocaine with insane aviator skills

to flip the plane upside down and glide it to safety if the need should occur.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

flying usually means im about to go on vacation or just somewhere different so to me, flying signifies a good thing

when i see that plane, i know im leaving my bull**** here, even if for just a lil while

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                      That Bogus! That's one of the biggest myths around. They based that silly statement on number of deaths. Of course more deaths will happen on the road. There's tens of millions of cars on the road at any given time. Of course there's going to be more accidents.
                      So not only are you more likely to die in a car, you're also more likely to be injured in one too. Air travel is safer because it has to be. But it is still safer.

It's just as absurd as saying that cyanide poisoning is safer than alcohol poisoning because more people die from alcohol poisoning than cyanide poisoning.
                      You're more likely to die from alcohol poisoning than cyanide poisoning. This is true. You're less likely to die from cyanide poisoning because cyanide is more dangerous than alcohol and the protocols for handling it are more strict. Cyanide is safer because it has to be. But it is still safer.

I don't care if there are thousands of car crashes a year and there's only one plane crash every ten years...that does not mean that planes are safer than cars..because.. remember the question..."In the event of A crash what are the chances of survival? This is the true basis that one should use to determine safety. You could survive a car crash, good luck surviving a plane crash from 30,000 feet in the air.
                      It's rare that a plane crashes from a problem starting at 30,000 ft. Plane crashes tend to occur on take-off or landing. And you're quite likely to survive a plane crashing on take-off or landing because the speeds are relatively low.

A plane crash does tend to have a greater lethality than a car crash, but car crashes occur exponentially more. What skews the death rate from crashes isn't the frequency of death occurring in a crash, but the fact that planes are carrying considerably more passengers. A bus crash killing everybody on board may kill 30 people. A plane crash killing everyone on board will result in deaths in the hundreds.

Comment

Working...
                      X