Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pongsaklek Wonjongkam Decisions Edgar Sosa To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a live stream of the fight early this morning and you can watch the fight on youtube as well as *********.com

Comment

I saw the fight and no way was this hometown decision. Wonjongkam had control of the fight from the start and was the better and more active fighter throughout. Even at age 34, Wonjongkam continues to fight at a very high level and given how Sosa was well regarded who had been on a roll lately, this win by Wonjongkam was one of best of his career. Outstanding effort by Pongsaklek Wonjongkam. I would love to see Wonjongkam fight either Giovanni Segura or Roman Gonzalez sometime in 2012.

Comment

Good, competitive fight. It was a close but decisive win for the Thai (meaning the rounds were close but were decisively for Wonj). Sosa was never able to avoid the left hand. He got hit more than I've ever seen. This is actually the first time I've seen Wonj fight. I knew of him and had already heard he was good; tonight, he proved it yet again... As far as Sosa is concerned, I previously thought he was on a steady decline; however, after today's performance, you can see he still has it. He was just never able to offset Wonj's superior technique. It really seemed like the southpaw stance really bothered him, as well... I'd love to see Wonj versus Marquez or Segura. Those would be some damn good fights!!!

Comment

I've never seen Wonjong fight. Been meaning to for sometime now as he seems to be universally regarded as a P4P top 25. If this whole fights on youtube, I'll check it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
            in fights in Thailand, he's as good as gold
            He's been just as good in Japan. He's just really freaking good. There's a subtle genius in his work, and he's a hell of a blocker. watch the way he pickc off body shots with his elbows and fires back. A master of offensive and defensive integration. His comp has been better in recent years and he's finally showing there's more to him than numbers.

Now get the man a unification bout. It would be a tragedy if he never got at least one.

Comment

As a Filipino, I'm proud of being an Asian too.

Go Asian Power!

Comment

Haven't seen the fight but I thought for sure that Sosa was going to catch Wonjongkam at the right time. Much respect to Pongsaklek, this is a tremendous win for him and he just keeps adding to an already great career.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Haven't seen the fight but I thought for sure that Sosa was going to catch Wonjongkam at the right time. Much respect to Pongsaklek, this is a tremendous win for him and he just keeps adding to an already great career.
                  It's up at YouTube. Wonjongkam put on a countering clinic; brilliant showing.

http://youtu.be/8uq8ngf5HyM

Comment

Good win Pong-Wonj!

Comment

Sosa should have gone to the body more.

Comment

Working...
                      X