No announcement yet.

The Case For A Creator Documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
    There you asking the wrong one dude :-) I'm not a christian - I'm sorry you have to ask somebody else about vatican...

But in general I want to say and there is a saying in Germany that goes like this: Do what the Preacher preaches - but don't do what the preacher does (in real life) :-) you can't fault GOD for human beings who do wrong... that has nothing to do with religion... it's like calling out a rapist for being an atheist or something - the atheists aren't the ones to blame for this rapist - human beings hurt human beings - human beings oppress human beings - human beings murder, rape and and and human beings... that has nothing to do with religion...
    Should have mentioned most of my quote was aimed at the general population of religious fanatics of which you aren't a member.

Comment

You must have misunderstood me - I never judge anyone after that - that's not up to me - even if there are signs that somebody is a Atheist to 99% I'm still not allowed to judge - only GOD does - I have to be respectfully to everyone - I through myselve have to be a good example - a good example of why GOD exist - so it's not up to me to judge anyone... and you absolutely right - if you are happy with your life the way it is all kudos to yourselve...

No I never said that - GOD isn't anything like that - we always want to think he looks like this or like that - but GOD doesn't have an appearance - he isn't white or anything... the only thing that is said that he created the human being after something like himselve - but it has never been said how GOD looks.

Why isn't there any proof of GOD? Because nobody has ever seen him? You ain't and will never see your soul as well but does that prove we ain't have a soul or what we call a soul? Again... I'm not knocking anyone or anything - I'm just saying that science isn't complete - it's like winning 8 rounds out if 12 - and now you are in the ninth - of course it seems like you winning but one right hand on the jaw and all of the sudden the result is different - it's the same with science - science always changes - not saying that it is false - but if you don't know everything how can you think you know the truth - and even after you found something out to be true it is only true until you find the next new stuff.

I really never said that - again - I'm just saying that with everything that science has proven it has never be proven that GOD or anything he said it is wrong - it only proves that everything GOD says it's true - science isn't an enemy from GOD whatsoever - I don't know who believes in something like that - GOD wants us to study - to be knowledgable - science doesn't stand in any negative or against GOD whatsoever - there are also enough scientists even though they can't prove it believe in GOD as well... so the one thing doesn't count out the other... I hope I have explained this now better :-)))))))))))))))))))))
      Going by your logic about science being incomplete.

Does that mean you believe in unicorns, sasquatch and the loch ness monster?

If you don't believe in them then why not? since you believe in god of which there is no proof of it's existence!

Also, i think most people on these forums have no beef with religious folk if they were to accept that there is no proof of their god and that the only thing they do have is faith in their god's existence.

If religious folk were to acknowledge this then that's fine. Everybody can accept that! It's when religious folk say that their god is real without proof and other people are wrong that thread wars get started.

A lot of atheists don't believe in a god because there is no scientific proof, but if concrete proof of the existance of a god came up tomorrow morning, then those scientific atheists would believe.

But right now, as it stands, there is no scientific proof of a god regardless of whatever people says.
      Last edited by Xercen; 10-14-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Depending on how specifically you define god. Does god create bolts of lightning? Well no, we have a scientific explanation for that that requires no angry deities and no hammers for the resulting thunder. Did god punish the world with a giant flood? No, because if he were to do so we would have evidence in the geological record, and that's without going into the impossibility of any species surviving a bottleneck of two individuals (not to mention the question of where the water came from!). Essentially the only version of gods that are actually compatible with science are ones which do not have any influence or presence in reality. And if your god does not influence and is not present in reality then it is, for all intents and purposes, non-existent. In other words you make your deity vague to the level of pointlessness.
        Actually why make it hard Squeal and follow talkers if we have YouTube and you have somebody who has way more knowledge then me and who answers critical question about religion every day... if you really have interest in this topic I recommand that you take a look at all parts and see what I mean if I say that science only proves GOD right... I took part 4 now Squeal because here it actually goes about thunder what you have mentioned :-)

He also goes into some details about the universe, oceans, atoms and and and what has been written in the Qur'an about these things... just see for yourselve - if you believe it or not is up to you (some see it as proof - some see it as vague or just something that doesn't stand there and you just want to understand it like that) but I hope at least you will understand now what I mean when I say science proves GOD right and what he has said...

Again this won't answer every question that you have but still it gives you some answers in part of why we believe what we believe...

Have a good night...

Comment

Actually why make it hard Squeal and follow talkers if we have YouTube and you have somebody who has way more knowledge then me and who answers critical question about religion every day... if you really have interest in this topic I recommand that you take a look at all parts and see what I mean if I say that science only proves GOD right... I took part 4 now Squeal because here it actually goes about thunder what you have mentioned :-)

He also goes into some details about the universe, oceans, atoms and and and what has been written in the Qur'an about these things... just see for yourselve - if you believe it or not is up to you (some see it as proof - some see it as vague or just something that doesn't stand there and you just want to understand it like that) but I hope at least you will understand now what I mean when I say science proves GOD right and what he has said...

Again this won't answer every question that you have but still it gives you some answers in part of why we believe what we believe...

Have a good night...

No. Here's the rule about youtube videos: Post a summary or I can't be bothered. I do not need to see some schmuck preaching to the converted with his nonsense justifications. If there is a serious point to be made then you can make it using your own words, or using a short, correctly attributed quote.

If you are simply posting youtube videos and saying "watch them and see for yourself" you're not really taking part in the discussion. I could post several hours of Dawkins interviews and documentaries explaining why your videos are wrong, but I won't do that because I know you won't bother to watch them.

Comment

Have a good night...

Many of the claims that the Koran has scientific knowledge is plain wrong. The facts are either too vague to be seen as specific science, or they have been taken from Greek and Egyptian knowledge. He only is convincing if you dont know the science accurately or dont now much of it was already known.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Many of the claims that the Koran has scientific knowledge is plain wrong. The facts are either too vague to be seen as specific science, or they have been taken from Greek and Egyptian knowledge. He only is convincing if you dont know the science accurately or dont now much of it was already known.
              Not to mention the fact that none of these apparent scientific revelations in holy texts has ever been useful or been involved in any advancement in human knowledge. It's all well and good saying "The Koran talks about atoms!" but if nobody actually realises this until long after atoms are well understood by secular science then it's worthless.

People have said the same things about the bible, that it made scientific predictions. But then exponents of the bible have expended tremendous energy suppressing science until finally it became too obvious to be able to deny it at which point they claim that it was predicted by producing some stunningly vague bit of poeticism and pretending it is useful science.

A much more useful prediction for the bible would have been a detailed account of how to use fallow field agriculture, something about germ theory of disease, maybe some hints on how to purify water... But there's nothing in there that would have been useful to the people at the time.

Comment

Have a good night...

The first thing the guy on the video said in the first 10 second is already wrong."there is nothing that is smaller than an atom".

Last edited by Amazinger; 10-15-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Lady Fan;11017626]This is an excellent video. One of my favorites. Enjoy

Darn it Darna do you need to do this?.

Comment

Working...
                  X