Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow 25 Million People saw a Women's bout in Mexico!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksan View Post
    There are currently 3 channels that are showing boxing every saturday in Free TV, Televisa, TV Azteca and Cadena Tres (this channel shows mostly national cards, but they have also shown some world Title fights like Vitali Klitshcko vs Peter).

And we have also Space channel in cable, Space is great beacuse most of the countries in Latin American have it, it shows almost all the fights of Europe, they have Sauerland fights, british fights, the Klitshcko fights, the Haye fights and american fights like Bradley-Alexander or Ortiz-Berto kinda of fights that are not pick up by Mexican TV.

Well gyms always have been crowded here, but difference now is that the average joe now watches boxing every saturday and the boxers are more Popular even the women talk about the fights now it's weird haha.
    Thanks for the info.

I remember being in Mexico on vacation when Boxing was off tv, every crap fight was on PPV and you needed a special satellite to even get it. It's really sad Morales and Barrera were in their prime during the dark ages, those guys were known more in the states then in their own country. I think what turned it around was Arce being on that reality show, he became a pretty big celebrity off that.

I knew Mexican nationals that didn't follow boxing but knew who Arce was and would watch him fight, when he fought Hussein Hussein on the Morales vs. Pac 1 under card that got a lot of casuals fans hyped up. That fight really delivered and so did Pac/Morales.

Comment

That's de la hoya in a wig with shaved legs

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        Thanks for the info.

I remember being in Mexico on vacation when Boxing was off tv, every crap fight was on PPV and you needed a special satellite to even get it. It's really sad Morales and Barrera were in their prime during the dark ages, those guys were known more in the states then in their own country. I think what turned it around was Arce being on that reality show, he became a pretty big celebrity off that.

I knew Mexican nationals that didn't follow boxing but knew who Arce was and would watch him fight, when he fought Hussein Hussein on the Morales vs. Pac 1 under card that got a lot of casuals fans hyped up. That fight really delivered and so did Pac/Morales.

Well it began with Azteca showing a fight in Japan, a Rudy Lopez world title, it was the first fight shown in years in Mexican TV, and of course Arce was popular because of Big Brother, he was crucial to the contract of Zanfer and Top Rank with TV Azteca, and after that it began what we have now the Golden Years of Boxing in Mexican TV.

Comment

Female boxing ain't worth a dime, they suck. And should stay in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by :::Mega::: View Post
            Female boxing ain't worth a dime, they suck. And should stay in the kitchen.
            Well there WAR was watched by 25 million people, that's pretty impressive... Now tell me what have you done?

Comment

Good for them, nice to see Mexican fans appreciate all their fighters who step into the ring and go to war, regardless of gender

Comment

Some guy was going around saying 50M watched Canelo-Matt Hatton.

Comment

Make the winner meet Eva Wahlstrom in Mexico. I don't think she's ever had that kind of audience while she is much better than these two girls.

youknow/watch?v=CJcNuB-lopg&feature=related

Comment

Dang these broads have skills... Lack Power, as expected.

Comment

Well their fight was pretty big in female boxing. Ana i believe is the top female mexican fighter im not sure though.

Comment

Working...
                      X