Oklahoma Highway Patrol Stops Ambulance Enroute to Hospital; EMT Assaulted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Highway Patrol Stops Ambulance Enroute to Hospital; EMT Assaulted

E

I guess Oaklahoma was pissed that Kansas was beating them in he national stupid league, so they figured pulling over an ambulance and arresting the paramedic on camera should put them right back in th running.

Comment

really just sick. cops like this are so ****ing pathetic.

Comment

The use of force was justified, guy was resisting. But I would expect a little more initiative from the officer. He should have followed the ambulance to hospital, waited until the patient was discharged and then made the arrest.

Comment

Ha! The use of force was justified? I'd like to see you try to convince eleven other jurors on a jury that you're in that. I think all eleven of them will use force on you, and claim it was justified.

If it were YOUR mother in that ambulance, would you forgive these worthless and POS pigs [they're not officers, because officers protect and serve and have a purpose; these PIGS don't deserve to be called officers] for tying up the EMTs. Ticketing a goddamn ambulance that is on the way to the ER with a patient in the back is beyond acceptance.

These pigs should be immediately put on unpaid leave, have their case reviewed and subsequently fired, and immediately brought up on charges of assault, battery, and attempted bodily harm [to the patient]. When found guilty [they would be], put them in protective lockdown so they are not routinely raped by fellow inmates.

E

Comment

Regardless of whether or not they were in the wrong for attempting to arrest the EMT, he should NOT have resisted arrest. It escalates an already volatile situation.

The officers were clearly wrong in even pulling the ambulance over for any reason other than reckless driving and if that were the case, an officer should have driven the ambulance to the hospital to take care of the patient first, then taken care of ticketing the EMT. Ther were more than enough officers there.

Has anyone heard on a response from the OHP?

Comment

It is the DUTY of that EMT to get their patient to the ER. I don't give two ****s if they have to choke fifty pigs unconscious. And neither would you if it were your mother.

If Dr. King, beaten with batons by pigs and having attack dogs sicced on him, decided to "resist arrest", that is his right. The goddamn situation is already "volatile".

E

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
                It is the DUTY of that EMT to get their patient to the ER. I don't give two ****s if they have to choke fifty pigs unconscious. And neither would you if it were your mother.

If Dr. King, beaten with batons by pigs and having attack dogs sicced on him, decided to "resist arrest", that is his right. The goddamn situation is already "volatile".

E
                What I'm saying is fighting men with batons and guns makes things worse.
                Situations can be handled by not fighting back because the guy with guns is going to win. You fight back by sueing and filing charges against them for wrongful arrest.

I want to know the other side of the story. Granted what we've seen is compelling, but I'm curious as to the mindset of the officers that pulled the ambulance over.

Comment

Trooper, Paramedic Fight Caught on Tape
                  Posted: May 26, 2009 7:18 PM PDT
                  Updated: May 27, 2009 7:39 PM PDT
                  FEATURED VIDEO
                  First Responders, Trooper Clash Caught on Tape
                  OHP Trooper Scuffles with Paramedic

Enlarge this picture

A trooper scolds the driving paramedic for not yielding to their vehicle.
                  Enlarge this picture

The paramedic argues they were trying to avoid hitting a car and wasn't aware of the troopers' oncoming vehicles.
                  Enlarge this picture

An OHP Trooper tries to restrain the paramedic. OHP claims the paramedics assaulted the troopers, but it was not caught on tape.By Dave Jordan, NEWS 9

PADEN, Oklahoma -- An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper and a paramedic were caught on tape scuffling Sunday while a patient was being taken to the hospital.

The fight happened on Highway 62, near Paden, after a OHP and first responders argued over a close call on the road.

OHP alleges that one of the paramedics on the video assaulted the trooper, but the assault was not caught on tape.

"We're like trying to tell the guy, 'Dude, my mom is in the back,' and my stepdad was like, 'My wife is in the back. Can we do this at the hospital?'" said Kenyada Davis.

Kenyada Davis' mother was the woman in the back of the ambulance being treated for heat exhaustion.

He was able to shoot the altercation with his cell phone's camera.

Davis said it all started because the ambulance failed to yield to OHP troopers, who were en route to a call along highway 62 in Paden.

Davis said the driver of the ambulance was trying to avoid hitting a car that slowed down and wasn't aware of troopers nearby until it was too late.

"He slowed down, and as the car was getting over, that's when he passed us," Davis said. "I didn't hear him."

But after OHP troopers finished their official business, they pulled the Creek Nation ambulance over. One of the troopers chided Paul for failing to yield.

Once the ambulance was pulled over, Davis pulled out his phone and shot video of the scene.

According to the OHP, the paramedics assaulted the trooper just before the fight broke out.

"It didn't look like it was being handled very well, at least form the tape I saw from the troopers' standpoint," said NEWS 9 Legal Analyst Irven Box.

The entire scene, including the alleged assault was captured on dash cam video and has not been released.

The Okfuskee County District Attorney's office is reviewing all of the footage and could file criminal charges against the paramedic by the end of the week.

Comment

Breaking Story: OHP lies to cover crimes. Now THEY were the ones assaulted. Not caught on camera though. It happened before the filming started, ten minutes prior, then they remembered and started choking the EMT that originally assaulted them.

OHP comprised of cowardly ****s. Arrest and charge. No further public debate required.

E

Comment

Working...
                    X