No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Evenst Confirm Sergey Kovalev Out Until 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    There were rated guys in his 3 organizations that don't have fights coming up.

This is a homecoming fight for him, and let's be honest, not like Europe never have these kind of fights and then nobody shows up.

HBO would've had the option to pick up.

Unless they're saving Kovalev for something big early 2016 (Which I doubt, and I don't qualify Pascal rematch as big) then I don't know why they're not doing this other than they have no money people to help put it on.

If it was Hyrunov, that dude just lost his promoters licence.
    Isn't Hyrunov a bigwig in Russian boxing?

Comment

I'm disappointed.

They could have made Kovalev vs. Sullivan Barrera (both are with Main Events).

Seems HBO wasn't willing to take it though.

Kovalev should never have signed the "exclusive" contract with HBO. They prevented the Adonis Stevenson fight, and now they are preventing Sergey from fighting at all.

Comment

So are they gonna wait for the results of the fights they were talking about? with alvarez, chilemba etc?
        Also with kovalev having a contract with hbo, I cant see them putting him in there with an easy opponent. so I don't think they would waste time (or money).
        Lastly whats with this "Russian money doe" nonsense? If that were the case then wouldn't duva has used it for the purse bid to outbid haymon?

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          No, not really.

Ryabinsky is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
            So are they gonna wait for the results of the fights they were talking about? with alvarez, chilemba etc?
            Also with kovalev having a contract with hbo, I cant see them putting him in there with an easy opponent. so I don't think they would waste time (or money).
            Lastly whats with this "Russian money doe" nonsense? If that were the case then wouldn't duva has used it for the purse bid to outbid haymon?
            I could be wrong, but I thought the Russian Money thing came after the Haymon purse bid.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I thought the Russian Money thing came after the Haymon purse bid.
              I don't know. I thought it was just from that one Russian promoter who won the purse bid for Wlad-povetkin. I don't see how that has anything to do with kovalev.

Comment

After all that **** Kathy Duva was talking, it's a bit rich that no one is putting her on blast for the double duck, lol.

Duva is putting all her eggs in the basket of being able to fight Ward, hoping that they've mucked up the process for long enough that the IBF doesn't strip Kovalev of their belt when she also avoids the Beterbiev mandatory (if the WBO was actually on the up and up, Fonfara-Cleverly winner would be a fight away from also taking the WBO belt from Kovalev too).

If Ward goes elsewhere, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Maybe now that Ward realizes little g isn't ever going to man up and fight him, Ward probably will be fighting much more often
                  Ward cant ride this out for much longer.

Months ago, Ward stated " Golovkin Has Had 8 or 9 Different Excuses..... "
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-war...excuses--92249

Well, if that is true, and considering the subsequent 164lb catchweight demand..... Ward needs to smarten up and move on.

His career is stagnating, it does not matter whos fault that is, he needs to do something about it.

I think everyone can see that Golovkin/Ward aint happening, it would be nice if Andre would stop reminding us of that fact and actually do something constructive.

I'm a big Ward fan, but his career has stagnated since Froch.

He probably should have taken the Bute fight, even though he was 100% correct in saying that Bute needed to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ryedes View Post
                    ward takes a fight at the end of the year and another sometime in march, gets himself ranked in 175 division, keeps him on pace for a summer or early fall fight with kovalev

kovalev takes a fight in late january and stays on pace for a late summer or early fall fight with ward

it aint rocket science. both sides are looking at 2nd half of 2016 for ward vs kovalev.
                    Who does Kovalev fight in late January?

He's not fighting Adonis Stevenson, he's likely not gonna fight Beterbiev, he's not gonna fight Chilemba/Barrera winner, he's not gonna fight Fonfara/Cleverly winner, and there hasn't been enough time passed to trick people into having the watch him fight a guy he already knocked out again.

He's basically down to Sullivan Barrera, a fighter with travel restrictions to the US (where Kovalev is still a non-ticket seller).

Comment

Hes a promoter, but according to a few posters he recently lost his promotional license. Not sure why, I must have missed that.

Comment

Working...
                      X