Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would I be cutting too much weight if.......?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would I be cutting too much weight if.......?

I normally walk around at 175-ish give or take a pound, but as of late I have strickly adjusted my work-out/eating regim and have consistently weighed in at 168, 169. My trainer now wants me to fight at 165. I am not sure if losing another 3-4 pounds is possible without weightdraining myself.

What are your thoughts on this? Any of you have had a similar situation?

do u have excess fat? if so then just lose it and see where you end up and if your not fat then dont lose any weight, ull just be losing muscle

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
      do u have excess fat? if so then just lose it and see where you end up and if your not fat then dont lose any weight, ull just be losing muscle
      That's the thing, I bareley have any fat, and I have not weighed 165 in about 2 years.

Comment

You might probably feel drained and weak if you drop the weight, especially since you seem to be in good fighting shape already. I personally wouldn't go down to 165, it could cause you problems.

Comment

I walk around at 175 myself. When my coach wanted me to go down to 155. I was willing and I got down to 165 but I was doing terrible at the gym. To top it all off, I got sick with a fever from loosing all that weight in a week. Fight at a comfort weight. Don't sacrafice your health or your performance like I did.

Comment

Bro its easy, go to a doctor that certifies wrestlers for weight and get a fat % taken. They take your weight, fat percentage and your hydration level and give you an estimate of where you should be wrestling or fight. You will be able to see what you can safely go down to.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body
              Bro its easy, go to a doctor that certifies wrestlers for weight and get a fat % taken. They take your weight, fat percentage and your hydration level and give you an estimate of where you should be wrestling or fight. You will be able to see what you can safely go down to.
              thats exactly what we do in wrestling you dont wanna kill your body to have a slight size advantage...especialy at amature fight at a weight your comfortable with and feel you can do your best at

Comment

If your an amatuer I would just fight where I was most comfortable. Losing those couple of extra pounds will really drain you when you have to weigh in and then fight a few hours later.

However, as a pro I would drop the extra weight. You will learn the art of drying out and making weight. You will have atleast 24 hours to replenish your body with water and vitamins and such.

Drying out can be bad for you so its up to you.

Rockin'

Comment

Just don't go below 2-3% body fat....

Comment

Working...
                  X