Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to most on here(who don't know **** about boxing) does that mean Barrera and Morales aren't ATG's as well? How do you view Marquez compared to the other golden three featherweights during his time Pacquiao, Morales, Barrera? LMAO at Marquez not being an ATG! In the words of Roger Mayweather, "you don't know **** about boxing"!

Comment

Marquez resume is mediocre yeh he finally beat Pac but Pac was on decline right? Pac's even came from a lose right? Marquez is nothing without Pac's name. Marquez isn't sure if he win in a 5th fight against Pac that is why he's ducking isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        Take Pacquiao out of Marquez's resume, then his resume is mediocre.. Just keep it real.. Pacquiao boost Marquez's stature..
        and this is why you're a worthless poster. You didn't read the article you just came in here to hate on Marquez.

just like every other person that came into this thread to post their ******ed opinion without reading the article

Comment

I spread all of my Red K in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KSTAT124 View Post
            This informative and almost 100 % accurate analysis of Marquez' career does contain one historical error. When the IBF stripped Marquez of their world featherweight title, it was because no one entered a bid to promote Marquez' mandatory defense against Fahprakorb Rakkiatgym not Valdemir Pereira. Pereira defeated Rakkiatgym to win the vacant title.
            Totally right. My boo boo.

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            Why did you fail to acknowledge that an offer was made to Marquez to fight Hamed, Cliff? I mean, it's pretty well documented and all, yet we still have people attempting to argue that Hamed somehow avoided him.

This article didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.Marquez desperately needs Pacquiao on his record to have any sort of credible claim to greatness.
            Because one BS offer on short notice after most of two years as a mando isn't the real thing. Pretty much everyone around Hamed, including the late Manny Steward, has acknowledged this has a big ol duck over the years.

Comment

MORALES/BARRERA > MARQUEZ
              MARQUEZ > PACMAN
              PACMAN > MARQUEZ ON 5th Fight

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                By Cliff Rold - Will he or won’t he?

One of the big questions as 2013 develops is whether December 8, 2012 ended one of the great rivalries or simply turned to page to a fifth chapter. Mexico’s Juan Manuel Marquez, after years of playing the hunter, is enjoying being the prey. He’s playing coy, saying out of one side of his mouth that he isn’t interested in another showdown with Manny Pacquiao.

And saying he’ll weigh all his options out of the other.

In boxing, weighing options is often another way of saying, “it’ll cost ya.” This is, after all, prizefighting. Marquez has waited a long time to be able to demand the cash prize outside the ring his win over Pacquiao in December could bring him.

Inside the ring, he’s accumulated more than his share of prizes in a career that began just shy of twenty years ago. While boxing waits to see how the 39-year old craftsman chooses to close his brilliant run, it’s as good a time as any to ask…

How good has Marquez been, measured against all-time? [Click Here To Read More]
                Good read

Take Pacquiao out of Marquez's resume, then his resume is mediocre.. Just keep it real.. Pacquiao boost Marquez's stature..

Eric Terrible Morales dethrones Marquez thats why Marquez never fought him.

Viva El Terrible..
                Thank goodness he stayed away from El Terrible in his prime..
                “I’ve been hearing in the news that Juan Manuel Marquez is interest in a rematch with Pacquiao, I don’t blame him. There were times I pushed back facing him when I had better proposals,” said Morales
                http://www.*********.com/Boxing/erik...update-4-68902
                Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                Why did you fail to acknowledge that an offer was made to Marquez to fight Hamed, Cliff?
                the only offer they made to Marquez was a fight with hamed on short notice...thats a legit offer?

For a guy (Marquez) that has been your (hamed) mando for 2 years???

in that span of two years less deserving fighters fought hamed that were given full notice for a full training camp. think about that

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBigfoot View Post
                  Marquez resume is mediocre yeh he finally beat Pac but Pac was on decline right? Pac's even came from a lose right? Marquez is nothing without Pac's name. Marquez isn't sure if he win in a 5th fight against Pac that is why he's ducking isn't?
                  Another but hurt g00k that Marquez almost killed Pacquiao lol. Marquez resume should say 4 wins against Pacquiao too not 1 win. Marquez is top 3 one of the greatest in his era and if you don't acknowledge this you don't know **** about boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    I spread all of my Red K in this thread.
                    Marquez is one of the greatest "Mexican" fighters of all time. Pacquiao could arguably be in the top 25 greatest boxers of all time and IMO, even still after the KO I'm not convinced Marquez is better than Pacquiao. He more or less even'd the score those two are pretty much equal. Sure Marquez Knocked him out and got a KD on Pac, but Pac still managed to put Juan down 5 times throughout their quadrilogy. They share a lot of rounds in 4 fights but I'm a Pac fan and always favored his aggression over Marquez's lax'd style. And I still vehemently believe aside from Pac's one round lead over Juan in the 4th fight that Marquez would have certainly been stopped before the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                      Another but hurt g00k that Marquez almost killed Pacquiao lol. Marquez resume should say 4 wins against Pacquiao too not 1 win. Marquez is top 3 one of the greatest in his era and if you don't acknowledge this you don't know **** about boxing!
                      Dude are you a brainless racist mother f'er? This is a boxing forum are you sure your in the right place? lol Shut your stupid bias a$$ up!

Comment

Working...
                      X