No announcement yet.

What can Marquez do to surpass Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I personally don't think that he can surpass Chavez because Chavez at one point was 90-0 or something crazy like that.

I understand he fought a ton of guys that weren't good but he also beat everyone in front of him that was good. JMM hasn't done that, he's had some early losses and he has blossomed late.

JMM is definitely one of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time though, no doubt but I think what Chavez has done is out of reach.
    Damn man I thought you were a better poster than this..1 your a boxing fan..2 you have tons of posts...

90-0? really alot of those where padded take quality not quantity buddy.

and secondly? have you ever looked at jmm's loses? there all disputed (i dont count the dq) except the mayweather fight only clear loss he was out of his depth. Marquez has never been stopped dominated lightweight and just knocked out a top 3 p4p king. keep in mind this is all at the twilight of his career!! (hes 39 years old man)! im not saying jmm is greater than chavez, but damn man you sound like you rate people on total wins and losses, rather than quality smh.

Comment

Nothing. Julio Cesar will never be surpassed as Mexico's greatest fighter. I am stubborn, because my personal favorite is Ricardo Lopez Nava. However, I recognize that Chavez is the most beloved and supported fighter of Mexico. What Manny Pacquiao is to the Phillipines, Julio Cesar Chavez was to Mexico. His style was beautiful and he clowned on so many dudes who were champions, it was crazy. He had great offense, but under appreciated defense. He had a very beautiful and natural style, just like Ricardo Lopez Nava. I have not seen two more beautiful styles than these two dudes. Juan Manuel Marquez is derived from Ricardo Lopez Nava.

Comment

Knocked the fuck out!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post

Knocked the fuck out!

eso fue unaesclavitud por el gran campeon mexicano!

Comment

I'm Puerto Rican but I follow boxers from every country and I'm not biased, so I'll post my thoughts.

If JMM could be like Foreman and remain world class in his 40's while beating guys like Ríos or Bradley, he could have an argument. As it is, he still has Morales, Sánchez, Chávez and, possibly, Ricardo López ahead of him. I rate him over Barrera, Pintor, Zárate, and José Luis Ramírez, to name a few.

By the way, what's the rating of Ramírez in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post

I got lazy and never finished it

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
                I'm Puerto Rican but I follow boxers from every country and I'm not biased, so I'll post my thoughts.

If JMM could be like Foreman and remain world class in his 40's while beating guys like Ríos or Bradley, he could have an argument. As it is, he still has Morales, Sánchez, Chávez and, possibly, Ricardo López ahead of him. I rate him over Barrera, Pintor, Zárate, and José Luis Ramírez, to name a few.

By the way, what's the rating of Ramírez in Mexico?
                Damn, that's crazy. There are so many great Mexican fighters from a long time ago. I always liked Jose Luis Ramirez, but I don't know too much about boxing history. You forgot Ruben Olivares who should easily be among the top 5 greatest Mexican fighters.

Comment

Marquez would have beat Chavez at 130,135,and 140. you guy's know it's true.

Comment

Its tempting to get carried away with a result especially in the week after the fight but lets put it into perspective. He was beating a faded Pacquiao coming off a loss at his 4th time of asking. He still has a long way to go before we start talking about best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                      Marquez would have beat Chavez at 130,135,and 140. you guy's know it's true.
                      the old heads won't admit it but..yes Marquez would beat him

Comment

Working...
                      X