No announcement yet.

"COTTO will beat PACQUIAO" - Emanuel Steward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
    and Street Bully also tought that Clottey would have beaten Cotto.
    As do many others. Including Manny Steward .

Comment

Emanuel Steward lol ....

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        As do many others. Including Manny Steward .
        Your @ss is too far up your head..bull.

Comment

He said hatton will beat pac too.............steward's words doesnt have any weight..........good or bad..............

Comment

Your @ss is too far up your head..bull.
            What you mean bull? Watch the post fight commentary. Steward thinks Clottey clearly won in his eyes, and that he was rooting for Cotto.

Comment

Manny's also the guy that said Pacquiao had difficult to time head movement, and was no longer off balance when punching, during the Hatton fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows208 View Post
                Manny's also the guy that said Pacquiao had difficult to time head movement, and was no longer off balance when punching, during the Hatton fight.
                The whole balance issue always gets me irked. If he has such poor balance, why has it been years since he's been knocked down?!? He definately pushes things and rides that fine line of being off balance in order to get his odd angles or to evade a counter. Reminds me of Professional motorcycle racers, they're front tire will be bouncing off the ground, rear tire sliding out yet they hold their hairpin turn going 120+. That's one of the differences between the elite and the regular joes, the elite can dance that fine line while others fall over it.

Either way he's seems to have picked up a more solid foundation in the past few fights, probably because he knows its too risky these days to get caught off balance.

Comment

I agree that it won't be an easy fight for either guy, and Cotto will edge out a victory. But the reasons this guy gave are completely idiotic, the only one that I agreed with was Stewards assessment that Manny leaves himself open after a straight left, and its completely true. In fact, if Cotto was not a natural lefty fighting orthodox, then I would give this fight to Manny. However, because Manny leaves himself open and 90% of the time his angles are created by moving to the left of his opponents, I don't see how he can win.

Essentially, all of Manny's angles and punches are right in Cotto's wheelhouse, which is his left. But what makes it so bad is that its also Cotto's lead hand, and they also happen to be Cotto's fastest punches. Add to that Cotto has very good countering ability with hooks as the opponent is coming in... Its not going to be easy for Cotto, he will get hit a lot, but I don't see Manny being able to overcome Cotto's power if he's hanging around his left side all night. Hell, even if Manny could box and constantly circle Cotto to the right I'd give Manny the edge simply off his speed, but he isn't much of a boxer thus, Cotto by late KO or split decision.
                  Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 09-12-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

pheww...at least Someone with boxing experience knows what's up.

Not like some of these NSB posters in here.

going to be a good fight regardless.
                    we needed an expert to say what's up. for mayweather being bull**** and boring ass fuuck no experts needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                      The first, Pacquiao generally has no head movement to speak of.

I stopped reading right there. What a ****ing joke.

Manny has a bobble head, dude.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
                      X