Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They need to revise the weight classes for real.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would argue that we need another weight class! Lol Junior Cruiserweight (185) 175 to 200 is a huge gap. The most a weight class is seperated by is 8 pounds (160-168) to ten have a 25 pound separation is stupid. Make a 185 pound division in between LHW and CW.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
      Fights will not be contested where there is a 10-12lb difference between the fighters, depending on what weight class. This is for safety.

I take it that you've never thrown fists with somebody skilled and 20lbs heavier than you. It's a huge difference once you put on fight gloves.......... Rockin'

I have and while it does indeed stink to get hit by someone heavier than you, you can offset that with your skill . Now when I laid out the ranges for each weight class, keep in mind said fighters can adjust their weight accordingly within each weight class so this levels the playing field to be more fair. Also like people have been mentioning here, the rehydration aspect is crucial here so that certain fighters (Canelo comes to mind) don't blow up 20lbs from the weigh in date.

Comment

Working...
      X