No announcement yet.

Rigo-Donaire is Finally ON!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    They had a poll somwhere, most fans wanted to see Donaire fight Rigo over Mares.
    I dont really push for the mares fight, knew it cant be done yet! Juanma, Gamboa, John, were all possible though! So I don't really care about it!

Comment

Affirmative.
      fair enough ..

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        I dont really push for the mares fight, knew it cant be done yet! Juanma, Gamboa, John, were all possible though! So I don't really care about it!
        Lopez and Gamboa are too big. JuanMa wanted to do a catch-weight at 128. He's moving on to 130. Yuri is already looking to move up to 135.

Comment

poonsawat was a real test for Rigo! he could lose in that fight. Poon was a good fighter with Resume to back up. If rigo lose in that fight then we will not see this. what I really want was the mares fight. but this is the 2nd choice! good enough!
          I would have loved for Rigo to fight Poon first but it is what it is.

He's a world title holder, he's been boxing his whole life and him and his team feel they are ready to step up to the elite level. This is a unification match between two world champions in one of the best divisions in boxing.

With that said, can't wait for the fight and may the best man win.

Comment

Lopez and Gamboa are too big. JuanMa wanted to do a catch-weight at 128. He's moving on to 130. Yuri is already looking to move up to 135.
            Big Maybe for Rigo! But Donaire can take them! Donaire used to spar with welter when he audition to the Contender show. He KD one Big guy in the Audition.

Comment

Big Maybe for Rigo! But Donaire can take them! Donaire used to spar with welter when he audition to the Contender show. He KD one Big guy in the Audition.
              Gamboa is way too big for donaire, Rigo spars with Ugas who is also a welter so that doesnt matter

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                Gamboa is way too big for donaire, Rigo spars with Ugas who is also a welter so that doesnt matter
                Donaire already said he wants Gamboa!

Comment

Rigo has a better shot against Donaire than Mares would have had. Mares shows frustration easy and when he would fail at Boxing Donaire, he would do the bull rush and get timed and taken out and the reason is simple, Mares has little power to begin with and ZERO power to change the fight. Rigo is slicker and better power than Mares. We don't know if Donaire takes a perfect power punch from Rigo yet. Boxing is very unpredictable, anything can happen. I lean toward Donaire but not by much.

Comment

Donaire already said he wants Gamboa!
                    Donaire will eventually fight Gamboa. I would love to see Donaire and Gamboa at 122 but if Gamboa wants him at 126, then lets make it at a 124 catchweight with VADA drug testing starting 4 months before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHook84 View Post
                      Donaire will eventually fight Gamboa. I would love to see Donaire and Gamboa at 122 but if Gamboa wants him at 126, then lets make it at a 124 catchweight with VADA drug testing starting 4 months before the fight.
                      Bro...Gamboa has never fought south of 126 as a pro. Yuri fought one bout at 130 and he's already looking to move up to 135. Unless we're talking about huge money, I don't see Gamboa even considering moving back down to 126, let alone 124. The chances are, these two guys will never meet.

Comment

Working...
                      X