Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirkland has been cleared by a Federal judge to travel to Mexico to fight Angulo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    I don't see a regression.

He looks the same. Same speed , strength etc...

He had a really bad night.

I think he's still capable of Vera or Julio type performances.

You have a point about the options.

Vanes still b$tched out after talking all that smack.
    Last few fights and even sparring videos he just seems to be winging punches instead of calculating his moves. As for power and aggression, I think he is the same, but flexibility and fluidity, I think not. Probably has to do with the excercises he was allowed to do in the pen changing his muscle mass areas. Too many pushups and dips, not enough shadow boxing and cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Not true at all. There would be many people who would want him to continue to rebuild and slowly move up with competition.

For him going straight to Angulo right now shows big balls and confidence on his part.
      Well, that would be a hell of a second chance. They already went the "build him slow" route and James screwed it up by getting himself locked up.

If he can't beat Angulo now I don't think his current promoter will keep investing in him.

Kirk is like an investment that should have matured by now. After the prison setback, everyones investment sort of went down the toilet.

IMO His promoters are just trying to get their money back by getting him the biggest matchup for the most $$$ BEFORE he loses again and damages his stock/their stock even further.
      Last edited by Elotero; 09-13-2011, 09:16 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Vanes just tweeted this.

@VanesBoxing
        Vanes Martirosyan
        Just had a great workout nothing but Angulo on my mind @trboxing

????
        Damn Vanes, just cant stop name dropping.

Boy would rather think about fighting Angulo than actually fight Angulo.

Gonna have to start calling him Vanes Kardashian.

Comment

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
          Main event on HBO's 11/5 card in Cancun likely to be Angulo vs Kirkland with either Erislandy Lara or Humberto Soto featured in the opener.

Comment

man, this is going to be such a sick card. They better get Lara he deserves it after whooping Williams ass.

Comment

man, this is going to be such a sick card. They better get Lara he deserves it after whooping Williams ass.
              Who would Lara fight then since everyone is ducking him?

Its an opener so it probably wont be a world beater. Ishida?

Hope its not against some Ossie Duran BS type of showcase fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                Who would Lara fight then since everyone is ducking him?

Its an opener so it probably wont be a world beater. Ishida?

Hope its not against some Ossie Duran BS type of showcase fighter.
                I don't know. If everyone else is ducking him then Carlos Molina rematch would be dope.

Comment

Lol what's with Martirosyan's twitter then? This guys so stupid.

Comment

I used to think Kirkland was ok...I lost respect a long time ago when I saw a video where he told Angulo you need to get on my level to get a fight with me. Yes he has balls for taking the fight but he is taking a big risk..once Kirkland loses he should fight Vanes if Vanes doesnt b1tch out.

Comment

I don't know. If everyone else is ducking him then Carlos Molina rematch would be dope.
                      Could be him next.

A few guys that could be available, want some TV time, be willing to take a chance and make a little cash: Cintron, Rosado, Latimore.

I like a Latimore fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X