No announcement yet.

Cold or hot baths after workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold or hot baths after workout

So I was wondering what helps best to minimize soreness and recover fast after a workout.

Canīt find to much on the internet, since some sites say ice baths and other say hot baths after training.

A lot of pros are doing cold baths, for example Floyd Mayweather and GGG.

And the other hand Mike Tyson trusts his hot baths after training, which is quite some time ago though( wrote in his book about hot tubs when he was 15)

Cold. No question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RocMarciano View Post
      Cold. No question about it.
      Can you also explain why you think that?

Comment

I think hot is better, after a hot bath my muscles don't feel training pain and i feel relaxed. Sometimes even the next day of the training i take hot bath to feel relaxed.
        plus: I don't think it's healthy to take cold bath after a training session. In training your body burns, gets very hot. When you go under cold water it will cause your body heat to instantly drop down.
        Enlight me guys, cold bath guys make suggestions pls.
        Last edited by DinoCop; 01-18-2016, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          I think hot is better, after a hot bath my muscles don't feel training pain and i feel relaxed. Sometimes even the next day of the training i take hot bath to feel relaxed.
          plus: I don't think it's healthy to take cold bath after a training session. In training your body burns, gets very hot. When you go under cold water it will cause your body heat to instantly drop down.
          Enlight me guys, cold bath guys make suggestions pls.

After a cold bath I always burn and my skin is really red, due to the body heatening up.

Therefore nutrients get faster to your body.

Still not clear to me which is better.

Cold baths are cheaper tho lol

Comment

If you are having inflammation after exercise heat will increase inflammation. Cold restricts the lactic acid buildup by constriction of the muscle. But honestly if you are experiencing that much inflammation after exercise something is wrong. You are either over-training or already have an injury which needs to be rested and healed. Some inflammation is normal but if it is to the point where you need to be concerned about it you need to make some adjustments.

When a pro prepares for a fight he is pushing things obviously to the limits and then will take as much time off after the fight to recover. If you are an average guy training to be at your best...you will make the best progress training at a level you can fully recover from without problems. If you already have a problem...stop training and deal with it before it turns into a chronic problem requiring more complicated recovery methods.

Comment

cold first then hot

try jizzing in the bath, it adds zinc and testosterone that soaks up back through your skin and hair

Comment

alexkid...............you really need some help! Your borderline "distantly gone".

Comment

Freezing cold for 10-15 minutes if your shower gets cold enough.

It has to be pretty immediate after your workout though to have much if am effect I believe.

There's a reason you always see pitchers And football players sitting in a ice tub after a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    alexkid...............you really need some help! Your borderline "distantly gone".
                    this

Comment

Working...
                    X