Dunne-Cordoba

Barrera-Morales 3

Morales Pacquiao 1

Larios-Vasquez 2

Tapia-Archuleta 1 and 2

Arce- Hussein Hussein 1

Froch-Kessler 2

Martinez-Williams 1
        Last edited by BOXEO _; 07-02-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          1. Golovkin - Rosado (CONSIDERED to this day as the most BRUTAL / DEVASTATING destruction in the history of boxing... so much blood and violence, a fan's dream.. i was salivating and smiling through the entire thing just beautiful and fun.. I have watched it over 115 times or solol)

2. Golovkin - Stevens ( A LOT of HYPE going into it, bad blood, turned out to be a complete sold out and has one of the most devastating and funny knockdowns in boxing)

3. Golovkin vs. Macklin (HUGE NAME in the division, put Martinez thru 11 rounds of life and death... but Gennady destroyed him in the most 3 painful rounds I have EVER seen and finished with the most VICIOUS BODY SHOT this sport has seen.. FIND A MORE DEVASTATING BODY SHOT try to)

4. Golovkin - Ishida (Perhaps my fav KO and one of the most shocking in boxing history seriously.. I have never seen someone fall like that. he looked completely dead... one of my all time favs)

5. Golovkin - Monroe (EVERYONE thought Gennady couldn't handle a slick young black master boxer like floyd who only had 1 loss and was bigger and stronger than floyd (MW) and Golovkin outboxed him and destroyed him in perhaps the most impressive fight of the year.. Gennady proved his other dimensions just beautiful to watch.. the most technical display shown in the past decade.. this is the fight that convinced everyone he beats floyd easily)

Comment

interesting lists guys, some of the fights wouldn't be placed as my favourites but I can see who is what fighters fan. That's not a complaint, that was the whole point of this exercise, objectiveness goes out the window. Keep em comin lads.

Comment

Cotto vs. Torres/Margarito, Trinidad/Vargas, Barrera vs, Hamed/Pacquiao, Pac vs DLH/Marquez, Travieso/Hussein, Jones/Tarver 2, Corrales/Castillo, Gatti/Ward, Martinez vs. Chavez/Williams 1&2, Chino/Ortiz, Marquez/Concepcion 1.

One fight I forgot to mention was Tito/Mayorga, the build-up and the beatdown was highly entertaining.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 07-03-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Cotto vs. Torres/Margarito, Trinidad/Vargas, Barrera vs, Hamed/Pacquiao, Pac vs DLH/Marquez, Travieso/Hussein, Jones/Tarver 2, Corrales/Castillo, Gatti/Ward, Martinez vs. Chavez/Williams 1&2, Chino/Ortiz, Marquez/Concepcion 1.
                Cotto v Margy is one of the best ww fights ever imo.

I never liked Jones v Tarver 2 cos I was a Jones fan and I wanted him to beat the mouthy Tarver more convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Cotto v Margy is one of the best ww fights ever imo.

I never liked Jones v Tarver 2 cos I was a Jones fan and I wanted him to beat the mouthy Tarver more convincingly.
                  I felt like crap after Cotto/Margarito, but I watched it recently and I no longer have an emotional attachment or bias. I can now enjoy it for its drama and entertainment. On the other hand, I've only watched Tito/B-Hop once and can't bring myself to watch it again. Jones/Tarver 2 is to you what Tito/B-Hop is to me. I knew nothing about RJJ, first time I can remember watching him was against Ruiz. I took to Tarver because he was such a captivating loud-mouth, he made such a huge fuss and refused to keep quiet until RJJ agreed to fight him. He performed well the first fight, but didn't get the result he desired. So what did he do? he went back to trash-talking and got RJJ back in the ring again. Very few guys can get guys in the ring with their words alone. RJJ refused to back down because he too had a huge ego and wasn't afraid of anything. The 2nd fight was just so memorable, from the pre-fight "Got any excuses tonight?" to the no-look hook that landed right on the button. I didn't/don't dislike Roy, but Tarver became such an endearing figure at that time. That's the type of rivalry that brings in new boxing fans and proves how spectacular boxing can be. I started to feel bad for RJJ later on when he was beginning to get KO'ed by every damn body. Essentially, I've never seen a prime RJJ, only a shell of himself. The man must be commended for still going 26 years though, even if it seem foolish.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 07-03-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    I felt like crap after Cotto/Margarito, but I watched it recently and I no longer have an emotional attachment or bias. I can now enjoy it for its drama and entertainment. On the other hand, I've only watched Tito/B-Hop once and can't bring myself to watch it again. Jones/Tarver 2 is to you what Tito/B-Hop is to me. I knew nothing about RJJ, first time I can remember watching him was against Ruiz. I took to Tarver because he was such a captivating loud-mouth, he made such a huge fuss and refused to keep quiet until RJJ agreed to fight him. He performed well the first fight, but didn't get the result he desired. So what did he do? he went back to trash-talking and got RJJ back in the ring again. Very few guys can get guys in the ring with their words alone. RJJ refused to back down because he too had a huge ego and wasn't afraid of anything. The 2nd fight was just so memorable, from the pre-fight "Got any excuses tonight?" to the no-look hook that landed right on the button. I didn't/don't dislike Roy, but Tarver became such an endearing figure at that time. That's the type of rivalry that brings in new boxing fans and proves how spectacular boxing can be. I started to feel bad for RJJ later on when he was beginning to get KO'ed by every damn body. Essentially, I've never seen a prime RJJ, only a shell of himself. The man must be commended for still going 26 years though, even if it seem foolish.
                    Can't argue with the beginning of the second fight and that verbal jab from Tarver. It was captivating stuff. Sad thing is, Jones had some of his most memorable fights and moments after his fell from grace. I'm a RJ fan but I don't see him taking on legitimate threats too often in the 90s, yet now he is willing to travel and take on bigger, stronger cruiserweights, guys like Lebedev and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X