Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Alvarado have 1 fight at WW before fighting Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't Alvarado have 1 fight at WW before fighting Pacquiao?

I fully understand that sometimes fighters re-hydrate 1-2 weight classes above the bouts division on the day of the fight. But Alvarado has yet to fight at 147.

Should he not do a Guerrero or a Ortiz and face a top guy at 147 before fighting Pacquiao? I would

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    I fully understand that sometimes fighters re-hydrate 1-2 weight classes above the bouts division on the day of the fight. But Alvarado has yet to fight at 147.

Should he not do a Guerrero or a Ortiz and face a top guy at 147 before fighting Pacquiao? I would
    No as his manager I would advise him to get that payday. Which will be a career payday.

Comment

He is probably bigger than Pacquiao who is just a big lightweight that doesn't dry out and then rehydrate anymore. He will probably outweigh Pacquiao on fight night. I can't see how one fight at welterweight would help him in any way. Even 5 fights at welterweight won't change the outcome of this fight which I believe will be a KO win for Pacquiao. He should just train hard and come in at whatever weight he feels best at.

Comment

the guy is huge, he should be stronger and healthier at 147, but obviously there will be excuses if he loses

Comment

Pacquiao is so lucky, dude really is a king, only he can fight bloated fighters and still get praise for it. Lol poor Mayweather and Broner.

Comment

Manny is coming off a brutal KO and fighting a guy coming off a great win who will probably be bigger then him fight night. If I was his manager I would tell him to take the $5M payday and not risk it by getting beaten in some meaningless tune up

He's proabably training and eating to put on the extra weight which i doubt Alvarado will find hard to put on, he's got a big frame, so sticking on a few more pounds wont be too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower
              Pacquiao is so lucky, dude really is a king, only he can fight bloated fighters and still get praise for it. Lol poor Mayweather and Broner.
              Bloated? Pacquiao weighs 151 on fight night. The same weight (if I remember correctly) Alvarado comes in at fighting as a JWW.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Alvarado is 32 and he will never be in this position again.

He needs to capitalize on this payday.

Comment

No he shouldn't. We saw what one or two fights did for JMM at welter

Comment

I dont think 1 more fight will have any impact on the outcome of a Pac fight.
                    I dont see it being very competative not because Alvarado is no good because I think he is good but styles make fights and this is a guy who was being outpointed by Prescot beofre the stoppage. He just about beat Rios who shouldnt be that difficult for a top fighter to outbox so I dont see what he brings to the table to beat Pac.

Manny may not be the fighter he was and after his choin got cracked he might be more vulnerable now but for the 1st 5 rounds of his last fight he looked as good as new & those in and out ocmbinations should bust Alvarado up pretty quickly. Good fight for both men and fan friendly but I dont see anything other than Pacs first stoppage win in years.

Comment

Working...
                    X