Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppose golden boy took over all promoting, dries out arum??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any one promoter had a monopoly we'd probably get more of the best fighting the best, but then the fighters pay would probably drop?

Don't want to see that.

Comment

TR don't have many fighters left, I wouldn't mind seeing them go under so that we can see them fighters get the fights they, and the fans deserve. But it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
        If any one promoter had a monopoly we'd probably get more of the best fighting the best, but then the fighters pay would probably drop?

Don't want to see that.
        Fair point, but the reality is that the overwhelming majority of fighters make little or no money anyway. If they're not getting regular slots on HBO or Showtime most of these guys are just scraping a living, even guys who are world class, top 10 contenders.

That's not because of promoters really, that's because of how small the overall market share is for the sport. And the only thing that might fix that is initiatives aimed at growing live gates and the standing of boxing across the sporting public in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Fair point, but the reality is that the overwhelming majority of fighters make little or no money anyway. If they're not getting regular slots on HBO or Showtime most of these guys are just scraping a living, even guys who are world class, top 10 contenders.

That's not because of promoters really, that's because of how small the overall market share is for the sport. And the only thing that might fix that is initiatives aimed at growing live gates and the standing of boxing across the sporting public in general.

True. A well run monopoly might be able to focus on building the sport from the ams up?

Something like the saying that a benevolent dictatorship being the best form of govt. maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Another 1?? Tell me exactly how i feel about golden boy, please.
            You opened the thread by saying you would like Golden Boy to woo all of top rank's good fighters and put Arum and King out of business. You said that would be awesome and the world would be a better place. That is not a word for word quote but I think it sums up what you said. Then you asked for thoughts so I gave you my thoughts. It sounds to me like you like Golden Boy alot. If I am wrong then why don't you say exactly how you feel about Golden Boy?

Comment

Working...
            X