Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think mayweather could have handled pacquiao's pressure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
    I am so confused by this post. First off Pacquiao is not a pressure fighter like Castillo & Hatton. Actually he isn't a pressure fighter at all.

This power that you speak of in regards to Manny accumulates over the course of the fight. Have you even considered that Mayweather is a far more dangerous fighter for JMM than Manny is or ever was? Why do you think that JMM has fought Manny 4 times and he has only fought Mayweather once & hasn't even attempted to avenge the loss? If Pac hits so hard and is so dangerous then why has JMM fought him 4 times? Who has Pac ever consistently pressured an entire fight? Having a high punch volume against stationary targets is in no way indicative of "applying pressure". Joe Calzaghe had a high punch volume but he was no pressure fighter.

We all would agree that Mayweather is a better RING GENERAL & a better defensive fighter than JMM so why wouldnt Mayweather be able to nullify Mannys offense?

I am so baffled by your OP.
    do you think castillo and hatton fought alike?..coz not all pressure fighters have same style.. pac is a pressure fighter , he may not be a swarmer (although he's done that too ) but he is a pressure fighter thus why the tendency to be overly agressive.. he does controll the agression better than most pressure fighters for sure...hell , he was the agressor in all of his fights for the most part exept for maybe hatton

the bold is irrelevant really in regards to predicting a fight between him and floyd styles make fights , rememeber?.. unlike floyd the approach of thier counterpunching is too diffent ..marquez follows up his counters with combinations unlike floyd who counters then gets out of range and reset unless you got him cornered..

Comment

man that is such a badass punch.....

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
        Seeing these threads always make me sad that the fight never happened. There are so many things you could say to counter the advantage one of them has over the other. *sigh.
        agreed...we can debate until the end of time, but the truth is the only way to find out was for them to step into the ring back in 2010 when the fight really mattered...

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
          dude Floyd is not marquez. Floyd is Floyd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Floyd IS Marquez, just better! He would probably take his style, and use it for the fight, and be better at it like its easy! Thats the type of fighter we're talking about, when your talking about a prime Floyd.

Comment

In early 2010 I wasnt 100%. After the Mosley fight I still had doubts but after Pacs obvious lack of hunger against Bradley Thats when I was sure Mayweather beat him. I always favored May to beat Pac but the closest those odds were to was after Pac wrecked Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              no , i think pac would've outworked floyd ...
              How?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
                How?????????
                look up for the word "outwork"...

Comment

Pacquiao would've KO'd him within 6 rounds

Floyd himself knows this hence the ducking and dodging

Comment

do you think castillo and hatton fought alike?..coz not all pressure fighters have same style.. pac is a pressure fighter , he may not be a swarmer (although he's done that too ) but he is a pressure fighter thus why the tendency to be overly agressive.. he does controll the agression better than most pressure fighters for sure...hell , he was the agressor in all of his fights for the most part exept for maybe hatton

the bold is irrelevant really in regards to predicting a fight between him and floyd styles make fights , rememeber?.. unlike floyd the approach of thier counterpunching is too diffent ..marquez follows up his counters with combinations unlike floyd who counters then gets out of range and reset unless you got him cornered..
                    No, Castillo and Hatton don't fight alike, but they are both pressure fighters.

So being overly aggressive (reckless) means you are a "pressure fighter"? Being the "aggressor" in a fight doesn't make you a pressure fighter. In which fight has manny been a pressure fighter? I guess Mayweather is a pressure fighter as well because he has walked more fighters down and "stalked" more fighters than Manny has. Would you not agree?

Just because manny isn't defensively skilled enough to avoid Jmm's combinations doesn't mean that the more offensively gifted Mayweather won't be able to do the same. Floyd's jab, straight right hand, left hook, right hook, jab to the stomach, and uppercut would all nullify Pacquiaos offense.

Btw, Floyd doesn't hit you and move out of range, he is always out of range, even when he is in range because he's a masterful defensive fighter. Pacquiao, being the smaller and shorter fighter would have to reach and make himself a defenseless target vs the best counter puncher in the sport, not to mention Floyd is the smarter fighter that can attack his opponent in multiple ways. I just don't see how Manny with no effective jab can even get past Floyd's right hand or left jab, can you tell me how he does this????
                    Last edited by Ve Ri Tas; 02-22-2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

it depends really coz your truth seems to be far off from what sensible people call truth.. pac vs bradley outcome as an example...
                      LOL ok,..Bradley undefeated = truth..

Comment

Working...
                      X