Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Top Rank also had interest in signing Khan, who do you think....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Top Rank also had interest in signing Khan, who do you think....

would have been a better promotion Company for him? considering GBP has the most 140 fighters,

i read in ther article on boxingscene were Bob Arum said he had Mettings with Khan, but he chose to sign with Golden boy because of the HBO-GBP contract.

Who do you think could do a better job with khan? Who would he have fought by now if he had been with Topank (Bear in mind top ranks in house matchups), and do you think he may switch alegencies when his current contract expires? i beleive its a 3 fight contract.

Thoughts?

As long as he fights, i really dont give a ***** who he signs with

But i will say Arum does a better job building fighters up

Comment

He'd be more protected at Top Rabk, GBP seem to chuck their prsopects in at the deep end. It doesn't make buisness sense but it's great for us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
        He'd be more protected at Top Rabk, GBP seem to chuck their prsopects in at the deep end. It doesn't make buisness sense but it's great for us fans.
        Top Rank and GBP are hand in hand in that area

Comment

assuming Khan is not going to WW for a few more years and toprank staying in a war with other promoters I think he made a good decision not going with Arum

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Top Rank and GBP are hand in hand in that area
            No, if he was at top rank he'd have 30 fights without fighting a decent opponent (JCC Jr).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
              Outta curiosity...how is it good for the fans?

Only thing I can think of is if you like watching a young fighter have a set back due to a dumb mistake on his manager/promoters part.

Now I'm not saying fight a bunch of bums....but all the great fighters were built up properly before getting thrown in deep waters.

I mean look at guys like Lacy, Taylor, David Reid and others. Those guys were fed to the wolves early and basically ruined at an early age. I really don't see how that's good for the fans or boxing in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                assuming Khan is not going to WW for a few more years and toprank staying in a war with other promoters I think he made a good decision not going with Arum
                To me it made more sense. Ortiz and Khan is a mega-fight that can be built up as well as Khan vs Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  Outta curiosity...how is it good for the fans?

Only thing I can think of is if you like watching a young fighter have a set back due to a dumb mistake on his manager/promoters part.

Now I'm not saying fight a bunch of bums....but all the great fighters were built up properly before getting thrown in deep waters.

I mean look at guys like Lacy, Taylor, David Reid and others. Those guys were fed to the wolves early and basically ruined at an early age. I really don't see how that's good for the fans or boxing in general.
                  It's good for the fans because they're competitive fights, who wants to see a one sided beat down? Prospect or not i want to see them challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
                    would have been a better promotion Company for him? considering GBP has the most 140 fighters,

i read in ther article on boxingscene were Bob Arum said he had Mettings with Khan, but he chose to sign with Golden boy because of the HBO-GBP contract.

Who do you think could do a better job with khan?
                    GBP has protected khan well after the ortiz quit against maidana. they have been very cautious with khan's matchmaking. As of this point, I would say there is no real advantage to pick one or the other.

Who would he have fought by now if he had been with Topank (Bear in mind top ranks in house matchups),
                    he would've fought a lot more mexicans.

and do you think he may switch alegencies when his current contract expires? i beleive its a 3 fight contract.
                    i doubt it. khan is gbp's flagship right now. also khan wants wifebeater jr and if he signs with top rank he won't get wifebeater.

Comment

Working...
                    X