No announcement yet.

Is Aaron Pryor A ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Aaron Pryor A ATG?

This is often a very very debated subject! Is Aaron Pryor a ATG?

In 2002 Ring Magazine claimed he was. Saying he was a greater fighter than Thomas Hearns, Jimmy Mclarnin, Carlos Ortiz, Charley Burley, Tiger Flowers, Jake Lamotta, Bob Foster, Billy Conn, Jose Napoles, aswell as others.

Pryor made 8 defences of his WBA 140lb title and held wins over 2 Hall Of Famers. But his first win over Arguello is some what questioned, due to the infamous black bottle.

And most feel his two biggest wins were over fighters on the slide. And his legacy is also based off that people say Hearns and Leonard avoided him!

Discuss
    Yes Pryor Is A ATG
    42.86%
    No Way Is Pryor A ATG
    57.14%

Hes a ATG, his career is similar to fighters like Calzaghe and Marciano. Beating old legends, making defences but he continued to long unlike them

I dont know if he is the best 140lb of all time, I think chavez is because of his better resume

I dont compare fighters in the ring but what they have produced because everybody has there own opinions but those are the facts

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post

In 2002 Ring Magazine claimed he was. Saying he was a greater fighter than Thomas Hearns, Jimmy Mclarnin, Carlos Ortiz, Charley Burley, Tiger Flowers, Jake Lamotta, Bob Foster, Billy Conn, Jose Napoles, aswell as others.

Pryor made 8 defences of his WBA 140lb title and held wins over 2 Hall Of Famers. But his first win over Arguello is some what questioned, due to the infamous black bottle.

And most feel his two biggest wins were over fighters on the slide. And his legacy is also based off that people say Hearns and Leonard avoided him!

Discuss

to you, is ATG top100 or top20 or what??

Comment

No he's not.Only three wins worth talking about,one of which was against a shot old champion who should be remembered as a greater fighter than Pryor and the other two victories over a fading fighter moving up for the fourth time in his career.

Comment

yes he is. his resume is a bit weak when comparing him to other greats, but he still makes the cut. even though his resume aint all that when i watch him fight i see a great fighter skillwise, and he never ducked nobody so its not his fault he doesnt have a lot of names on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
            No he's not.Only three wins worth talking about,one of which was against a shot old champion who should be remembered as a greater fighter than Pryor and the other two victories over a fading fighter moving up for the fourth time in his career.
            You can diminish any fighter's wins in the manner that you just did.

Comment

Sure you can,but most of these ATG fighters atleast have more than three notable wins on their resume.Pryor has three wins and absolutely nothing else.

Regarding your private message that you sent me.......was that a threat?

Comment

no, I'd say based on resume, he is not. He is a HoF.

Based on how good he was? Yea at 140 he was a monster, I'd have him probably beating Chavez, who did the most at 140.

Comment

Hard one to call Pryor, you would have to call him one of the better 140's but it hasn't been too deep a division talent wise. He had a decent length reign and a dominant one but his resume isn't the greatest but you could level that at a few ATG's.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post

Discuss
                    Pryor is absurdly overrated. Very good fighter, but this bizzare mystique that surrounds him on this site and in other places baffles me.

Comment

Working...
                    X