No announcement yet.

Lampley's outrage at Angel Garcia's comments was hypocritical

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
    Wow how did he not get fired for that? I'm not even a Muslim but I was offended. LOL Glad Foreman shut him up. HBO needs to fire their older guys. Keep Max Kellerman Bob Papa and Roy Jones. Hire someone like Paulie Malignaggi or a solid reporter who has done commentating before. Like a Doug Fischer.
    Hopefully this is a joke friend. We are speaking of HBO. Don Fischer is a weird looking girly voiced Internet writer.

Comment

I don't have any problem with what Lampley said in that instance. It wasn't as if he was rdiculing Naz's private and personal beliefs. Naz incorporated his muslim identity into his trash talk and his whole ring persona, he was the one who made it fair game.

In any case, the story of that exchange was Foreman's love for Naz, and Lampley's all-encompassing and never-ending adoration for Marco Antonio Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

In any case, the story of that exchange was Foreman's love for Naz, and Lampley's all-encompassing and never-ending adoration for Marco Antonio Barrera.
        Hmm. I didn`t know that. Though it seems like I should...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          During the fighter meeting Lampley sounded really pissed off at Angel Garcia's trash talk, he looked outraged at the bigoted comments but I feel he's a hypocrite because he did something similar during the Hamed/Barrera fight.

"If he loses it's because it has been written by Allah!" "Allah knows how to spell Barrera! B.A.R.R.E.R.A.!" That was some disrespectful shit, just as bad as Garcia's comments so Lampley shouldn't throw stones.
          Lampley and everyone else get out of hand easily on HBO. Thats why I love having Roy Jones or George Foreman on there aswell so they can put them back in their place when need be. Lampley is hard to watch sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            A lot of people (me anyway) didn't even realize how offensive that was at the time. If he said that now with all the tensions he would be fired.
            yeah, well, it happened just before 9/11. you're right, he'd be drawn and quartered now.

Comment

Had the fight happened post 9/11 I think Naz would have had to undergo a significant image change to get any fight on HBO.

Comment

Working...
              X