No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McEwan May Dump The British Scene For American Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McEwan May Dump The British Scene For American Return

After getting stopped in six rounds by Peter Quillin last November in Mexico, Scottish middleweight Craig McEwan (21-2, 10KOs) returned to Scotland to restart his career and also to pursue British and European championships. The local pursuit of championship belts did not work out as McEwan had expected. He won two fights in Scotland, easily on points, but attempting to secure bigger opportunities has been a waste of McEwan's time.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's up to McEwen & his management to work his way up the British, European & Commonwealth rankings. That way the BBBofC, EBU & CBC could install him as #1 contender. He should stick at it, pick up the Scottish Area & Celtic titles & keep active My thoughts are that Martin Murray will relinquish the British title soon & a British & Commonwealth contest between McEwen & B.J.Saunders could take place.

Comment

The BBBofC should order McEwen vs Kerry Hope for the vacant Celtic title.

Comment

The management of British fighters is a joke.

Coming off 2 losses against top fighters in his division, McEwan returns to his homeland to fight fighters with records of 6-12-1 & 15-24-3. Which is an absolute joke, they're the sort of fights you give a novice - not someone with good American experience.

Even someone like Ossie Duran would've given McEwan a workout then a fight with Khurtsidze.

Real shame he's wasted a year over here for nothing, I hope he can get back to America and get some meaningful fights - wouldn't like to see him used as a gatekeeper.

Comment

I like McEwan but the dude isn't world class and he gets beat by any of the top contenders in his division. He should stay fighting the British circuit if he wants to make the most out of his career.

Comment

McEwan is so much more than British level.

I see you're from Texas, so I don't expect you to have any clue of the domestic scene over here. He, along with the likes of Matthew Macklin, Darren Barker and Martin Murray form a group of 4 top middleweights. These guys may not be world champions in their career but they're contenders.

I'll be annoyed if those 4 never meet each other in the ring.

Comment

Although you would have thought he would have put some feelers out before actually making the move...there are some good fights out there for him and the others.

If thos domestic match up were made they would be great for the fans and great for the boxers everyone is happy?

So why arent they happening? Season is only just to start is McEwan being too impatient?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

I see you're from Texas, so I don't expect you to have any clue of the domestic scene over here. He, along with the likes of Matthew Macklin, Darren Barker and Martin Murray form a group of 4 top middleweights. These guys may not be world champions in their career but they're contenders.

Uhhh no, those are Euro bums that's why Martinez fought them right? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

I agree.

I'm annoyed that John Duddy missed out on that party too.

They could have all defined their careers against each other. A bad fight can't be made with them.

Comment

I still see McEwen vs Kerry Hope for the vacant Celtic title, doubling as a final eliminator for the British title as the way forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X