No announcement yet.

Kovalev's Interview About His Next Fight And Roman Simakov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev's Interview About His Next Fight And Roman Simakov

Interviewer: Before Ward you could have another fight. Are there any candidates?

Kovalev: I have read in the news that Andrzej Fonfara wants to fight me. I gave this information to Egis, my manager, although he probably got it without me. Then a couple of days there was silence. I asked Egis about the state of things, he said he forwarded this information to the promoter Andrey Ryabinsky, who expressed a desire to make this fight here in Russia. But I understand that Ryabinsky is now very busy with the Povetkin-Wilder fight, which is scheduled for May 21, so we will wait for the decision.

I really want this fight. I need to fulfill the promise that I gave the parents of Roman Simakov. (After the fight with Sergei Kovalyov December 5, 2011 boxer Roman Simakov has died). I once said that the first my fee will go to his parents, but my first fee was only 5 thousand dollars. It was a fight with Darnell Boone, which Kathy Duva made before she signed contract with me. Well, I gave them five thousand dollars, but was it such a great help? At the same time I had no money left to exist... I even have been caught shoplifting and I am very ashamed of it.

Interviewer: You sure you want it to be published?

Kovalev: Why not? After all, it's all true and I am fully responsible for it. Yes, I stole some trifle, bread, pate ... And then I tried to steal my favorite coconut cookies... I've already paid for everything,
    - Why not? After all, it's true. As soon as I am fully responsible for it. Yes, he stole some trifle, bread, pate ... And then got on her favorite coconut cookies. There were half empty packages with it. So I made one of the two. Full package I picked up and other left almost empty. Apparently, they tracked me. I've already paid for everything, and then security turns to me and says: "Young man, come over here!" And he showed me the empty package. Well, not quite empty, there remained about ten. They took from me all documents, all data and then released. No serious consequences. I was treated like a person. These cookies cost five dollars. I explained to them that I really didnt have enough money. That is, just enough for the most necessary products, but for dessert - not enough. In general, I didnt have a real opportunity to seriously help the Simakov's family. Even if I gave the five thousand - it would be nothing. It's like I just got off rather than helped.

And now, having the fight in Russia, I can really do something for them. You know, Its not easy to live with it. They probably think I'm a murderer, but I did not specifically do that. We were in the same conditions. I didnt have iron in my gloves, Ias some people say. It is impossible, I am not a man, who does such dirty things. But I understand them. They have lost the most precious thing that they had in life, their child, their son, and they blame me for that. Apparently, the Roman had some health issues. Some people say when he worked as a sparring partner for Arthur Abraham and Robert Stieglitz, he took a lot of punches, all of this could have affected his health. In general, it has formed a kind of predisposition for what happend in our fight. I would really like to meet Roman Simakov's parents in person and give them what I want to convey. Personally, not hiding, and looking them in the eyes. It's important for me. I cant bring their son back, but something must be done.

Source:

http://www.sportfakt.ru/boxing/30473/

Comment

Wow great interview. Thanks for the share

Comment

nice interview. I hope we get kovalev vs fonfara next.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Wow great interview. Thanks for the share
          hope you could understand everything, I was translating it in a hurry.

Comment

Thanks for posting, green k.

Comment

Spasiba. Green K sent.

Comment

Great post!!

Man ****!!! No excuses!! None

Comment

Have the greenest of the k's.

Comment

any chance of him fighting on the wilder /povetkin undercard?

Comment

Working...
                    X