Foreman seeks rematch after knee surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
    Elaborate??

Yuri wasn't losing before the injury IMO at least. His movement was his BnB and Cotto's just at par with it.

You giving him one round? OK that's your call...
    How many rounds you gave Yuri?

Comment

yuri won the 4th rd thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        How many rounds you gave Yuri?
        Gave him rounds 2, 3 (could go either way) but 4th surely for Yuri IMO.

Cotto can't take a clear shot at Yuri's movement (which is surprising how he used the ring to his advantage), despite how he cut the ring effectively.

By the way I rooted for Miguel.

Comment

WTF.

Foreman won round 4. I can't think how you could give him any others. I can't even think how there'd be any even rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
            I wouldn't say he was losing, Foreman was using his legs well but still not throwing much though. No one really won that fight, and Cotto looked far from a better fighter. If Cotto steps back in the ring against a fighter who stays busy and pushes him back, without an improved D it will be Pac/marg all over again, the only difference is that guys would hit harder at 154.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Mosley move up and fight Cotto again.
            You wouldn't say he was losing? He won one round, and that was because he landed two clean punches. It was clearly 4-2 at worst before the injury, and there was no evidence of Foreman coming on either.

Comment

Elaborate??

Yuri wasn't losing before the injury IMO at least. His movement was his BnB and Cotto's just at par with it.

That's everybody's call. If you gave Foreman more than 1 round you're being kind and if you give him more than 2 you shouldn't be scoring boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                That's everybody's call. If you gave Foreman more than 1 round you're being kind and if you give him more than 2 you shouldn't be scoring boxing.
                Green K given.

Comment

Elaborate??

He lost every round appart from round 4. He was being a little girl and ran the whole fight, I woundn't want to see a rematch.

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                  I see no reason at all to have a rematch.

Foreman should face other contenders or champions.

Go fight Kirkland or something.
                  I'd welcome a foreman-kirkland would be like cat and mouse type of fight, when kirkland eventually lands yuri would get KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Hey beats me I'd call it how I see it.

Cotto was chasing Yuri the whole time and the latter controlled the bout the first half til that fateful injury. After that Yuri was getting tagged unlike the earlier rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
                      He lost every round appart from round 4. He was being a little girl and ran the whole fight, I woundn't want to see a rematch.

Why is it called running when a fighter only uses ring smarts and it's his gameplan and good at it?

Comment

Working...
                      X